9: Reed900

AU! Gavin and Conan are Androids•

Gavin jumped across the small space in between the rooftops. Tears were trailing down his cheeks as he ran, trying to get away.

"GV200! Stop right there and you won't get hurt," the Rk900 shouted, trying to keep up.

Gavin's LED spun red as he stopped, not wanting to get shot down. His body was shaking profusely and he collapsed to his knees, letting out a sob.

A hand suddenly touched his shoulder and he flinched. He looked up, seeing a RK900 model standing before him.

"I-I'm-" Gavin tried to choke out an apology but he couldn't.

"It's okay, you're okay now. I'm going to put handcuffs on you. I just have to bring you in for some questioning."

Gavin nodded, hands trembling as the other android stepped behind him to put the cuffs on.

- In The Interrogation Room -

Gavin had his head lowered, a human sitting in front of him. The tears had faded away and his shaking had gone down but it was still there.

"What's your name?" The human asked.

Gavin wanted to refuse to answer but he knew that wouldn't get him anywhere.

"G-Gavin," he said, not looking up.

Connor was shocked. Usually androids refused to answer and he usually had to use force with them.

"Why did you try to kill your owner, Thomas Quincy?"

Gavin's stress levels started going up at the mention of his owner. He trembled as he opened his mouth, ready to speak.

"I-I... h-he was hurting m-me. He b-beat me everyd-day. He u-used me as h-his fucking a-ashtray. A-as his own sexual t-toy. I-I didn't want to kill h-him. When he ran at m-me to hit me, I dodged it a-and pushed him a-away. I didn't th-think he'd trip. I-I don't want to die. I-I just wanted to g-get away. Y-you don't know h-how scared I was w-when he brought me to th-that room."

"Room? What was in the room? Where is the room?" Connor questioned, satisfied that Gavin was actually giving him answers instead of digging a deeper hole for himself.

"I-it was in his basement. T-there are other people there. Both humans and androids."

"Do you know who they were? Do you know their names?"

Gavin nodded and started to list of their names, "T-Taylor Adams, Kris Lemmings, Ethan Delafuente, Abagail Andrews, a RK800, a HK400, a-and um... there was two m-more... um," Gavin strained himself, trying to remember the other two. His LED flashed red as he stressed himself to remember.

"Gavin, it's okay. We can find them and find out who they are later. Thank you for your cooperation. Conan will take you to your room for the next few nights until we can find a better place to keep you."

The terrified android just nodded, trying to be calm and not make stupid decisions.

The same Rk900 from earlier came into the room and unlocked the cuffs. The taller moved them out of the room and led him down a hallway.

The tears had come back once Gavin realized what he did. He almost killed someone.

"Hey, calm down, everything's okay," Conan said, having a softer grip on Gavin's shoulder.

Couldn't Gavin go to jail now? Or be reset? Or be killed? That was his only worry. He didn't want to die. He didn't want to be reset. He wanted to be free.

As the week passed, Gavin never let his guard down, too scared to. Conan had come into the room multiple times just to see how he was doing and to check if Gavin had harmed himself in any way. Gavin had taken a liking to Conan and would be just a bit shy around him. His face would flush a light blue every time Conan said something funny or sweet.

Gavin looked up as he heard the door open, his synthetic heart pounded as he seen it wasn't Conan.

"GV200, would you please come with me?" The officer said.

Gavin nodded, setting his legs down on the floor and standing up.

The man brought him to the same investigation room except... he was standing behind glass and was looking into the room instead of actually being in there.

Lieutenant Anderson was sitting in there with a human... and the human was Thomas Quincy, his former owner.

Suddenly, a hand on his shoulder made him jump. He looked beside him only to see Conan. His body relaxed only to tense up again when Thomas started to speak.

"I want that android reset and taken apart. That prick tried to kill me! And you're saying that I'm the one going to court?!"

Gavin flinched as the man raised his voice. He took a step back, not wanting to be there.

"It's okay, Gavin, he doesn't know your here. He can't see you. I'm right here, he won't hurt you."

The smaller android wrapped his arms around himself, digging his nails into his sides only to have Conan wrap his arm around the shorter's shoulders. He bit his lip as he listened.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me. You seriously think you were going to get away with all the bullshit you've done? You've kidnapped, beat, and raped all those people!" Lieutenant Anderson yelled.

"You can't prove shit!" Thomas yelled, making Gavin flinch once again and he was pulled closer to Conan.

"Oh yeah? Well here's the goddamn evidence." Hank threw down photos on the table, showing Thomas' house and all the people he hurt. There were photos of bruises, cuts, and burns on body parts. There was the dirty, germ filled room with red and blue blood splatters on the walls.

Thomas quieted down, knowing he had been caught.

"Chris, take him to a cell," Hank sighed, tired of the criminals bullshit.

Gavin watched as Thomas Quincy was taken to a cell. He was glad that, that man was finally arrested.

Gavin sighed, laying his head on Conan's chest.

"See? Everything's okay. We found the others a couple days ago and everyone is doing just fine. They were all reunited with their families and taken to a safe place."

Gavin then was reminded that he didn't have a family. He lived in a shit hole and there was no way in hell that he was going back.

"Conan? Where am I going to be put? I-I don't have a family. I've never lived anywhere except with Thomas."

Conan stood there quietly, thinking to himself. "Well, you don't seem dangerous and you're officially off trial. I can ask Fowler if you'd like to stay with me?"

Gavin's eyes lit up as he nodded with a small smile. That was the first time Conan had ever seen Gavin smile.

"That would be nice..." the smaller android said.

•How was this?•