2: Reed900

Gavin walks into the police department with Nines following him.

Gavin had his head lowered as he walked past the reception and to his desk.

"You seem awfully quiet today, Detective," the android points out.

The detective just shrugs, not verbally responding. He sits down at his desk and shakily turns on his computer.

Nines tilted his head with confusion as to why his lover was quiet today.

"You seem to be low on energy and you look... upset. What's the matter?" He asked softly.

All of a sudden, Gavin burst out into tears. He didn't even have the energy to walk to the bathroom and cry.

The deviant rushed forward and pulled Gavin into his arms.

"Hey, shh, it's okay. Come on, let's go to the bathroom and talk," he walked his partner to the bathroom. The rest of the office had glanced at him in shock. They had never seen him so... vulnerable. He'd always been one to hide his feelings and just be angry.

Hank glanced at Conner and Conner shrugged, looking as worried and confused as the rest of the office.

Gavin sobbed into Conan's arms once they entered the bathroom, making sure no one else was in there.

"Breathe, baby boy, breathe. Calm down. What's the matter?" Nines ran his hand through Gavin's hair to calm him down.

"Sh-she- I found h-her d-dead this morning. Kala, she's dead," Gavin sobbed, mourning the death of his cat that he raised by himself for years.

She was always there for him. She cheered him up whenever she knew he was sad. He said he took care of her when in reality, she took care of him.

She was white with large orange spots. She was the best pet Gavin had ever owned. This was why he was sobbing. Kala had passed away in her sleep and Gavin panicked when he seen her not breathing. He cried first before wrapping her up in her favorite blanket and burying her in his backyard.

He didn't want to come to work but he had to. Nines had gone grocery shopping that morning before he came home to find Gavin 'sleeping'.

"Oh baby boy," Nines let Gavin cry on his shoulder.

Nines knew of Kala and loved to pet her. She didn't shed like most cats so he let her rub on his legs and climb on his shoulders. He cared for the cat as well but not as much as Gavin did.

"She was my best fucking friend when I had no one."

"I'm sorry," Nines felt saddened but he knew he had to support Gavin as much as he could.

•Slight angst ;-; how was this?•