How to deal with worry, fear, and anxiety

Verse: "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." Philippians 4:6

Maybe right now, you are struggling with fear, worry, or anxiety. Maybe school starting back has really stressed you out. Maybe you have loved one who is sick and you are worried about them. Maybe you are really struggling with mental illness, chronic illness, or cancer. Whatever is going on, I am here to tell you: God is here for you! He is here to calm your worries, fears, and anxiety. He is here to give you peace, rest, and freedom (Isaiah 49:13) .

I don't know what you are going through but I do know that God is here to help you (Psalm 121:1-2). He wants to grab your hand and help you through what you are going through (Psalm 121:1-2). God never wanted us to do life on our own. He wants to be there for you and be close to you (Psalm 136:1).

All you have to do is come home to Him. Give Him all your worries, fears, doubts, anxieties, pain, and hurt. He will give you rest, peace, grace, love, guidance, help, comfort, encouragement, and freedom. Just surrender anything to God and He will give you all you could ever need (Psalm 33:4). How you come home to Him is by seeking Him through reading His word, worshiping Him, listening to Him, and praying to Him. As you continue to seek Him, daily, He will draw near to you (Psalm 125:1-2). You will be able to build a close relationship with Him which is all He ever wants because He loves you (John 3:16).

Dealing with stress, worry, fear, or anxiety is tough. But you have God who is tougher! Even death couldn't stop God's love for you (John 3:16). Jesus defeated death and now we can live in freedom (John 3:16). Now we can have a close relationship with God.

So what are you waiting for? Run into God's arms today!

Prayer:

Dear God,

Hey God, I am really struggling with fear with this new school year starting tomorrow. Lord I pray that you help me with my fear, worry, and anxiety. I pray that you grab my hand and help me this new school year. Help me keep my eyes focused always on you even when I am stressed. Help me grow closer to you this school year. I pray you bless me with everything I need to make it through each and every day. I praise you for your love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. You are so good to me and I praise you! I thank you for listening to me because I know you hear me and will help me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are doing well. I am sorry this devotional is a day late I have been busy getting everything ready for college to start back tomorrow. So I will try to do weekly updates but if I don't it's because I am busy with college❤️ I am excited about this new semester so wish me luck!💜

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all💜

-xoxo Caty💗💜❤️