God is good even when life isn't❤️

Verses: "'Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed and weak within me [wrapped in darkness]; My heart grows numb within me. I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that You have done; I ponder the work of Your hands.'"
Psalms 143:4-5

Maybe right now, you are really struggling. Maybe you are battling depression, anxiety, stress, mental illnesses, chronic illnesses, cancer, or maybe you lost a loved one. No matter what we are going through we have to remember that God is good even when life isn't. (Psalm 31:19)

An update on me, I had my colonoscopy and it went really well and everything looked normal! Thank you for all your prayers and support! I am still really struggling with depression and back pain from fibromyalgia. I know right now I am chemically depressed which means it will take therapy and medicines for me to get better. I am seeing a therapist on Friday so hopefully I will get to feel better. But I have to remember that even though I am struggling, God is good. (Psalm 31:19)

In the verses above it's David talking about how he is depressed and stressed out. But at the end of the verses, David praises God for all the good things God has done for him. I believe that is an amazing outlook to have on life. That even when we are struggling, we can still praise God because of all the good things God has done for us!

We all need to be thankful and grateful even when our circumstances aren't good. Lately since I have been depressed, I haven't been very thankful or grateful but I am going to work on that by writing out lists of all the things I am thankful for.

Here is my list:

I am thankful for my good grades in college.
I am thankful that my cat Little is getting treated for his feline asthma by me giving Little medicine. Little isn't feeling well right now but hopefully increasing his medicine will help him feel better! I pray that my little boy feels better.
I am thankful that even though Little has feline asthma and will be on medicine for the rest of his life, he can still live a long, happy, and healthy life.
I am thankful for my supportive, loving, and amazing family.
I am thankful for all my friends.
I am thankful for my back pain being better enough for me to go to college everyday. I praise God because even though I am still hurting, my pain is so much better than it was two years ago.
I am thankful my colonoscopy when well and everything looked normal.
I am excited to give away my scarves and blankets away this weekend to people in need. I pray that my scarves and blankets bless however gets them. I am thankful that I can help and bless other people with my crocheting.
I am thankful for having a good doctors that are helping me feel better.
I am grateful for my good relationship with God.
I am thankful for this book and Jesus Saves Ministry. I pray that everyone who listens to my podcast, reads my published book, or watch my YouTube videos is blessed, inspired, and encouraged by the word of God.

That was my list of things I am thankful for. If you are like me and you are struggling with feeling grateful and thankful, start writing out lists everyday of things you are grateful for. I will do it with you!

Even though life is tough, God is always good. (Psalm 31:19) We also don't have to go through life alone. We have God on our side! When we pray and reach out to God, God will come to us! We can always remember God's promises for us like: God will love you forever. (Psalm 136:1) God will never leave you. (Hebrews 13:5) God will comfort you. (Isaiah 49:13) God will help you and always be there for you. (Psalm 121:1-2)

So reach out to God! How we can reach out to God is through praying, worshiping Him, reading The Bible, and listening for Him. Just like how when David would pray, God would come and be close beside him. When you pray and reach out to God, God will be there to grab your hand and help you through life as you walk through life with Him by your side.

Life is tough but God always has an amazing plan and purpose for our lives. (Jeremiah 29:11) I have always loved the quote: "this too shall pass." Because even if you are struggling right now, it will pass and good times will come. Just remember to never give up and to keep going no matter what because you can and will get through this with God by your side.

With God on your side, you can do anything!  (Matthew 19:26)

Prayer:

Dear God,

I am really struggling right now and I need your help God. I know I can't do life without you so please come be close by my side, grab my hand, and walk through life with me. I pray that as I seek you through prayer, worship, and listening for you that you draw near to me. Help me as I seek you to have a close relationship with you and learn more about you. Help me to know that even when life is tough that you are good. Help me to always to be thankful and grateful for you because you are so good Lord and I praise you! Help me to always hope and know that I can get through this because I have you on my side and with you on my side, I can do anything! I praise you for your goodness. I thank you for listening to me. I believe in you and I trust in you.

I thank you for your Son and for all my many blessings.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

**

Hey beautiful❤️ I hope you are doing well! I know I usually update on Saturday but today I finished my homework early and I wanted to write.

I hope you all enjoyed this! Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a blessed day! I love you all❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️