you are loved

"The Lord is greater than the giants you face."

- 1 John 4:4

Hey, it's Lydia.

These past weeks have been really, really rough. Someone from my school died by suicide last week and it's shaken me. Just a few hours ago, I found out that one of my brother's friends attempted suicide. Thankfully, he's alive and hopefully seeking help.

He was hurting. A lot. I am being completely honest here; I wish I could have taken his pain away. I wish I could've helped him. I wish I could've shown him how loved he was. I really, really wish I was his friend. 

I don't know what to do. My heart is breaking. So many people around me are hurting and contemplating suicide. It breaks my heart even more to know this is happening and we're still so young. We have our lives in front of us and it devastates me because wonderful people are suffering. 

I really wished they knew how loved they are, because they are so, so loved. 

You are so, so loved.

They don't deserve this. None of us do.

I once read that praying is the best way to show someone you care. 

So I'm going to pray with all my heart. 

Dear Lord, 

Thank you for all that you've done for us. Thank you for being our rock. We can depend on you when we go through storms. 

I pray that he is in a better place. I pray he found peace he couldn't find here and I pray that he is watching over and protecting his family from above.

I'm praying for his family. I pray that you will be beside them through this difficult time and help them get through this terrible storm. Please heal the brokenness in their lives. I hope they find You if they haven't already.

I am also praying for everyone who is going through their own storm. Whether they are going through it themselves or watching someone close going through it, please help them. With everything that I am, I am begging you, please walk beside them and help them get out of the storm. I pray that they will realize how loved they are and how much good they have in them. Please, please, please show them that You are our strongest rock and You can help them get through any of the problems they face.

We love you. Thank you, Lord. 

Amen.

This is one of my favorite songs. I hope you'll listen to it sometime.

I hope that this helped in any way. If you have prayer requests, our inbox is always open. Mine is also. My personal account is @-foreverhopeful.