Trusting God

Trusting God

Verses: "'He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [whose power no enemy can withstand]. I will say of the Lord , "He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust [with great confidence, and on whom I rely]!" '

Psalms 91:1-2

Even though getting fibromyalgia was horrible. I believe it truly brought me closer to God. I had been in a relationship with God before fibromyalgia. But we weren't close and I didn't trust in Him. But in the last six months, I have finally surrender my life to God and put my trust in Him. Because I knew I couldn't do life without God. I was alone, sad, hurting, in pain, so I put my faith, hope, and trust in Christ. Now I am going to be a pastor. God is truly amazing!

Trusting God happens when you surrender your life to God. You surrender everything to God: all your hopes, dreams, fears, anxieties, doubt, sadness, and give God complete control of your life. This happens through prayer as you pour out your heart to God, He will listen and be there for you (Psalm 121:1-2). Then you continue to seek God by reading His word, listening to Him, worshiping Him, and praying to Him.

This will take some time but just remember that trusting in God is an action not feeling. When things are going wrong in life you have to choose to say: "I may not understand why this is happening but I am putting my faith, hope, and trust in God because He is: good (Psalm 31:19), faithful (Psalm 33:4), loves me (John 3:16), and He has an amazing plan for my plan (Jeremiah 29:11)."

You can't just say this once and be done. You have to continue to say this, seek God, and surrender your life to God. Because trusting God is a process but you can do it! It is so worth it because a good relationship with God is the best thing you can ever have. So keep seeking Him and soon you will shine!

Prayer:

Dear God,

I want to surrender me and my life to you. I want to trust you Lord. So I pray that as I seek you and surrender everything to you, that I become close to you. I pray that I build a strong and close relationship with you. I believe you are completely trustworthy. I put my faith, hope, and trust in you because you are good God. You are my Lord and Savior. I believe in you! I believe you hear me and you will help me. I thank you for listening to me and for all your love and goodness.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! I had my first week of school at school of ministry and I LOVE IT! Yay! Thank you so much for reading! I love you all❤️💖💜

-Caty From SGC❤️💖💜