You Are Loved

Hey girls! I (Aria) decided to do a devotional on feeling loved. Personally, feeling loved has been a struggle for me. I have my amazing parents and wonderful friends, but as a teenage girl, sometimes it just feels like knowing it isn't enough. I wanted to have a deeper love, a love that I could know for sure that no matter what, someone cared--and they showed it. 

For me, personally, saying "I love you" is a difficult thing. It's awkward and unusual, and it's definitely not something I do often. The only person I've verbally said "I love you" to is my mom. Whenever my friends say, "Love you!" I avoid and reply "Bye!" instead.

Maybe you're like me, maybe you're not. Either way, we constantly need to be reminded of God's love. I have a tendency to focus on God's judgement and hatred towards sin. While we need to know those things about Him, it can't be the only thing that defines God in our minds.

1 John 4:8 says that God is love--He is the definition of love! But sometimes knowing isn't enough. We need someone to show that they love us. Well, we're in luck, because God did do something to show His love. Here's what the Bible says,

"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

God demonstrated His love towards us through the Gospel, that Jesus (fully God and fully man), came to earth to live the life we couldn't and die the death we deserved. Then, three days later, Jesus conquered death and our sin when He rose from the grave--what a wonderful demonstration of love! God did this out of His character of love towards us.

So next time you feel unloved, remember how God put His love on display for you through Christ. Look at the stars at night and let them be a reminder of how infinite His love towards you is!

Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for loving me when I didn't love You. I don't deserve Your love, but You mercifully give it to me out of your perfect character. Help me remember your love towards me and accept it with a grateful heart. Be my comfort and refuge as I live for You. And Jesus, help me to show the same love that you've shown towards me to the world around me. Let them see You in me, Lord!

In Your precious name,
Amen

***

As always, if you need to talk to someone about this (or anything else), don't be afraid to message us!

xox Aria <3