God is good even when life isn't

Verse: "'Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.'"
Psalm 107:1

A few days ago, we live in a broken world: there are mass shootings (there were two in the United States a few days ago), people living with terrible illnesses with no cure, there is crime everywhere, anxiety, depression, and the list goes on and on. Many people question God's goodness throughout this mess and brokenness.

We have to remember as Christians that God never promised us a life without trouble and brokenness. God warned us in John 16:33: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."' But God also gave us hope that He has overcome the world. That with God on our side, we can do anything! (Matthew 19:26)

Even though this broken world: God is good! (107:1)

How is God good through this mess?

Because God sent His only Son, Jesus to the cross to die for our sins. Jesus died a horrible death. But then three days later, Jesus rose from the grave and defeated death! The veil was torn and now: once we have been saved, we can die and go to Heaven with Jesus. Now because of Jesus: we can have a real, close, and personal relationship with God. (John 3:16)

Now because of Jesus: we can have hope through Him. Hope that never goes away. Hope that even when bad things happen we can have joy, hope, and peace. Hope that in not based on circumstances but hope that is through Jesus. God's hope, peace, love, rest, joy, comfort, wisdom, guidance, and encouragement is never ending.

God is good even when life isn't. God is good and He will always be good. (Psalm 31:19) (Psalm 107:1)

Even though this broken world, you can run to Jesus and find everything you need in Jesus. No matter what you are going through: you can run to Jesus. Jesus will love and accept you with open arms. (John 6:37)

So run into God's arms today!

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray for everyone that has been affected by those mass shootings. I pray you love and comfort their families. God I know this world is broken and crazy but I praise you because of your goodness. God I believe that you are good through this chaos of our world. God I pray that you grab my hand. I can't do life without you Lord. I need you Lord. So please come close by my side and help me walk through life with you by my side. I pray you bless me with whatever I need. I praise you for listening to me and I know you will help me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen.

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you so much for reading! I love you all❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️