Praising God through the storms

Hey everyone! I am new here on SGC my name is Caty and I will be writing in this book!❤️

Today's devotional and pray is on praising God through the storms.

Verse: "The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:7

Maybe right now, you are really struggling. Maybe you are struggling with an illness or some horrible circumstances. Maybe you are facing a huge storm. No matter what you are going through: God will help you through this storm and no matter your circumstances you can praise God through this storm.

How do you praise God through the storms?

1. It starts with changing your mindset.

If all you focus on is how horrible life is and how you will never get through this. What you think, you will believe. So you need your change your thoughts and mindset, and it's not easy. It doesn't happen overnight. As Joyce Meyer says: "you don't have to think and dwell on every thought that comes into your head." You need to think about the good things in your life, think about your blessings, and about God. You can't do this alone, so start praying now for God to change your mindset and think of positive thoughts.

I used to always think of the negative thoughts and I was always sad and down. But since I have been praying to God to help me change my mindset, and I started thinking positive thoughts. Now even though I am struggling with pain from chronic illnesses, I am joyful and happy now. I am a whole new person now! If I can do it, so can you.

2. You have to start focusing on your blessings in your life and on God.

Start making a list everyday of the blessings in your life. Count your blessings everyday and focus on your blessings. Because as my Dad always says: "you find what you are looking for." If you focus on finding the blessings in your life, you will find them. But also if you focus on the negative things, you will find them as well.

3. Focus on God by reading His word, praying, listening to Him, and worshiping Him.

The more time you spend with God, the more you will praise Him because you see all His promises and goodness. Because no matter your circumstances, you can be joyful and praise God because God will help you through it. God loves you and will always help you. So start spending time reading about praise and joy in the Bible, pray for God to help you praise Him and ask for His joy. You can sit in silence and listen for God to speak to you. You can also worship God by turning on your favorite worship music, lifting your hands, and singing to God.

You need to lift your eyes above your circumstances and focus on God's goodness.

Here are God's promises and goodness:

God will love you forever. (Psalm 136:1)

God will never leave you. (Hebrews 13:5)

God will comfort you. (Isaiah 49:13)

God will help you and always be there for you. (Psalm 121:1-2)

God is always faithful. (Psalm 33:4)

God keeps His promises. (Deuteronomy 7:9)

God is good. (Psalm 31:19)

God has an amazing plan for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11)

You CAN and WILL do this. Why? Because God is by your side, and with God on your side, you can do anything! So keep going, keep praying, keep believing, and you can praise God through any storm.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you that you help me change my mindset, have joy, focus on you, focus on my blessings, and help me praise you through any storm. Because I know God that you are good. I believe in you and all your promises Lord. I believe as I spend time with you, you will help me. I pray you grab my hand and help me through this. Help me walk through life with you by my side.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you so much for reading! I love you all! Can't wait to post more!❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️