Chapter Forty-Five

When Jack and Julia made their way inside, most of the boys were in the lobby mingling with the families. The boys turned to look at Jack and Julia, and a flood of relief washed over them when they saw them with their arms wrapped around each other.

"There she is," Rizzo grinned, taking Julia by the elbow and pulling her away from Jack and towards his family.

"Everyone, this is my friend, Julie Brooks," he introduced. "Jules, this is my mom, dad, my sister Maria, and my Nonna."

"Hi," Julia smiled. "It's so nice to meet all of you."

"It's so nice to meet you, dear," Mrs. Eruzione smiled.

"Oh, my God, I can't believe my loser brother knows you! I kind of thought they were all lying when they said they met you," Maria gushed. She must've been a little younger than Kathy. Julia laughed at her, much to Rizzo's dismay.

"Nope. He was telling the truth," Julia laughed.

"Have these boys been nice to you, Miss Brooks? Because if they haven't, I will beat them from here to Timbuktu," Mr. Eruzione threatened in a thick Boston accent. He looked just like his son, only older and heavier. Julia grinned at him.

"Yes, Mr. Eruzione. They've been very nice to me. Your son tends to keep us all in line," Julia told them with a smile to Rizzo.

"Why aren't you dating her? She's a very pretty girl," Rizzo's Nonna spoke up, looking at her grandson with annoyance. Everyone laughed loudly, but it was Silky that spoke up.

"Yeah, Rizzo, why don't you take Jules out sometime?" Silky suggested.

"Maybe when we get home," Rizzo said sarcastically.

"Looking forward to it," Julia joked with a wink to Rizzo.

"Okay, my turn. Jules, these are my parents," Silky spoke up, gesturing to the couple beside him.

"Nice to meet you," Julia said.

"And you, Julie. Dave speaks so highly of you," Mrs. Silk told her.

"Sounds like your uncle is doing a hell of a job with these boys," Mr. Silk said, nodding his head in approval.

"I know they don't always like him, that's for sure," Julia laughed. She talked with the Silks and the Eruziones for a few more minutes, discussing everything from hockey to music, before she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Mind if I borrow her for a second?" Jimmy asked behind her.

"Borrow her now, while OC is still letting us have her," Rizzo teased quietly, so only she and Jimmy could hear.

"Shut up, Rizzo," Julia rolled her eyes, following Jimmy to the edge of the group, where a dark-haired man stood.

"Pop, this is my friend, Julie Brooks," Jimmy introduced.

"Hi, Mr. Craig. It's so nice to meet you," Julia told him. "Jimmy talks about you a lot."

"I could say the same. Ya know, I'm glad he has someone like you around. Someone to relate to," Mr. Craig said quietly. Julia swallowed the lump in her throat, trying not to tear up. She hadn't considered how hard it would be to meet Jimmy's dad, knowing everything he had been through.

"Well, it's nice to have Jimmy around, too," Julia said, sharing a meaningful look with Jimmy. Jimmy gave her a half smile, before Mr. Craig changed the subject.

"I hear you bought a Corvette?"

"Oh, sure did!" Julia grinned. "The boys are teaching me to drive."