Chapter Sixteen

"Buzzy, I didn't know you're married," Julie said excitedly, following him to his car. Buzzy just grinned sheepishly.

"Yeah, we met in high school. She lived in another town and we met when our hockey team played their team. Her name is Gayle. We got married this past spring," he said proudly.

"Aw," Julie smiled. "That's so sweet."

"She was at the game Saturday. She'll come to most of our games in Minnesota. If I'm still on the team she'll be in Lake Placid."

"You're still gonna be on the team, Buzzy," Julie rolled her eyes. "I'll have to find her at the next game."

When they made it to the car, Jimmy and Rizzo got in the front seat, Jack, Julie, and Rob sliding into the backseat. On the drive there, Julie asked Buzzy about a million questions about his wife.

"What is wrong with you? They're married, Jules. What's the big deal?" Rob laughed after Julie asked what Gayle's favorite color was.

"I just think it's cute that Buzzy's married! Like none of you are bringing around any girls for me to hang out with. Get on that."

"What about you? Shouldn't you be dating some rocker or some actor or something?" Rizzo spoke up.

"Married to the music, baby," she sighed dramatically. The boys just chuckled as Buzzy parked the car in the record shop parking lot. They got out quickly, walking towards the quiet shop. The sign on the door said they didn't close until 10 pm, but the store was empty as they entered. A little bell rang above them, and a young guy behind the counter looked up at them. He had hair past his shoulders, wavy and a golden blonde shade. He was tall and lean, but not too skinny. Julie could tell from across the shop how blue his eyes were.

"Welcome to Grooves," he said to them, but his eyes were only on Julie. She smiled at him, awkwardly stopping, causing Rob to bump into her.

"Chill out," Rob snickered in her ear, obviously aware of her being distracted by the boy. She quickly snapped out of it, going over to the first rack of records she saw. She pretended to look through the jazz records as the boys all split up, looking at different records. She could feel the guy behind the counter watching her, and she tried not to blush at the thought. She saw him move in her peripheral vision, and then heard a door shut. He must've gone into some back room.

"Jules," Jack called, and she turned around to see him holding both of her albums in his hand with an overly-eager look on his face. She just laughed, shaking her head at him.

"Yeah, OC. I helped make those," she laughed, walking towards him. "Are you gonna buy them?"

Jack looked at her, trying not to smile. He looked down, and Julie thought he looked almost bashful.

"I already have them," he admitted. Julie couldn't help but beam at him. She really was glad that the boys seemed to like the music her band had made. Jack put the records back.

"If you're nice, I'll sign them," she winked at him. He just shoved her playfully. "See, now that's not nice."

"Do you need help finding anything?"

Julie turned around quickly, seeing the beautiful blonde boy behind her.

"Oh, we're just waiting on our friend," she gestured over to Buzzy who was in the pop section. "But thank you."

"Anytime," he grinned, causing Julie to smile back at him.

"Movie starts in 30 minutes," Jack reminded everyone, his voice resonating in the record store.