Chapter Thirty-Two

"10-1! Can you believe that?" Silky laughed as the team got back to their hotel. After a win in Salt Lake City, the team had traveled to Colorado Springs, where they had just beat Colorado College.

"Not that I don't love when you guys win, but it is a little bit boring when you beat someone 10-1," Julie laughed as they walked through the lobby.

"Our bad, princess," Silky rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Next time we'll make sure it's a closer game so you'll be more entertained."

"Thank you, that's all I ask."

Silky laughed again before glancing around to make sure no one was within earshot and lowering his voice.

"I'm sorry that OC is giving you such a rough time, Julie."

"It's okay," she shrugged. "I don't really get him, but I'll be fine."

"No one gets him. He can be a real pain in the ass," Silky assured her.

"I'm sure he says the same thing about me," Julie countered with a smirk. The two of them sped up to catch the elevator with Neal, Bill, Phil, and Rammer.

"Jules, are you coming out with us to celebrate?" Rammer asked hopefully.

"Don't I always? Of course I'm coming," she smiled. Everyone had made plans to meet back in the lobby in twenty minutes, before making their way to their rooms. Julie was excited to go out and have fun with the boys, but she couldn't deny that she was dreading seeing Jack. She knew he wouldn't skip a night out with the boys, no matter how awkward he was around her. They had been fairly successful in avoiding each other, or at least being in a big enough group to not have to speak to each other. She was sure that being at a bar with all their friends would be enough to keep the two of them from fighting for a night.

As she freshened up, she couldn't help but think about the night they talked in his car. She didn't know why her stomach twisted in knots when he said he didn't like her, but his words rang through her head. Maybe it was that proclamation of his playing over and over in her head that subconsciously drove Julie to put on her favorite red lipstick. She fluffed and fixed her curled hair, giving it extra volume. She wasn't sure why she had packed a cute black skirt and a red low-cut top, but she was happy to have them. She grinned to herself as she got dressed, smiling at her reflection. She spritzed on her perfume and grabbed her purse, heading downstairs to meet the boys.

"She always takes forever to get ready," Rob groaned when Rizzo asked where Julie was. About half the team had gone ahead to get tables and drinks, while Robbie and Rizzo waited for Julia. When the boys heard the shrill ding of the elevator, their eyes turned to see an especially dolled-up Julia flouncing toward them.

"Uh...you look nice," Robbie told her when she approached them, though he was obviously confused. It wasn't unlike Julia to have her hair and makeup done, but the outfit was a little revealing for a night out with the boys.

"Thanks. I just felt like doing a little something extra for myself," she shrugged. Robbie looked her up and down, before looking at her.

"You're going to be freezing, do you wanna go grab a coat?"

"I'll be fine," she shrugged, walking towards the hotel doors. Robbie and Rizzo shared an exasperated look, but followed her out anyway. Julie was more than pleased with herself. No matter how much she told herself that she was dolled up just for herself, she secretly couldn't wait to see Jack's face when he saw her looking like something out of a magazine. Robbie, of course, was intuitive enough to see right through her facade. He knew exactly what she was doing, which was essentially teasing Jack. He could only hope that the night wouldn't end in a disaster.