Chapter Thirty-Six

"Ugh, I'm stuffed. I hate when Rizzo cooks," Silky groaned the next night at the boys' dorm. He plopped face down on the couch, groaning loudly.

   "No one is force-feeding you, Silky," Julia reminded him, sitting on the couch beside his feet.

   "Jules, I have one cheat meal a week. I'll be damned if I don't make the most of it," Silky told her, his voice muffled by the couch.

   "Charming," Julia laughed, shaking her head. Jack sighed, sitting on the ground in front of Julia's legs.

   "Thanks for taking the entire couch, guys," Jack rolled his eyes.

   "You're welcome," Julia told him with a sweet smile. He shook his head at her, before leaning back against her legs. It seemed as though everything had snapped back to normal between the two of them.

   "Let's play a game," Baker suddenly decided, joining the group that had gathered in the living room.

   "A game?" Verchota questioned, raising an eyebrow.

   "Yes, Philly, a game," Baker clarified sassily. Most of the boys had scattered through the living room. Silky rolled onto his back, putting his feet on Julia's lap.

   "Foot rub?" He suggested with a smile.

   "Ew, no. The only man's foot I ever willingly touched belonged to Robert Plant," Julia told him. Everyone turned to look at her, their faces in varying stages of disbelief.

   "Half the things that come out of your mouth sound made-up," Bob Suter told her.

   "That's it! We'll play two truths and a lie," Baker declared. His announcement was met with scoffs and eye-rolls.

   "What are we, twelve?" Eric Strobel spoke up. A few boys echoed his sentiment, nodding in agreement.

   "Oh, you guys don't wanna hear more of Julie's crazy stories?" Baker teased. Julia just smirked.

   "Okay, I'm in," Mark nodded. Eventually enough of the group agreed and they started discussing who would go first.

   "I think...Janny!" Coxy called out with a mischievous smile. Janny thought for a minute before he grinned.

   "Okay, okay...I once chugged a bottle of goldschlager at a party and didn't even puke. I streaked around the U's campus after we won our first championship. I almost died canoeing on Lake Minnetonka when I was ten," Janny finally told them. Everyone looked around at each other, their mouths falling open in shock.

   "Those...are all crazy?" Ken Morrow was the first to speak.

   "I was at the party with the goldschlager. He didn't puke," Robbie confirmed with a shrug.

   "Unfortunately, I saw him streak," Baker admitted, shuddering and closing his eyes.

   "So you didn't almost drown," Jimmy concluded.

   "No, I almost drowned when I was ten," Janny told them.

   "Janny...what's the lie? There needs to be a lie," Rizzo reminded him.

   "The lie is it was on Leech Lake. Not Lake Minnetonka," he told them with a sly smile. Everyone groaned, and a lot of eyes rolled.

   "Despite the way you attempted to trick us, I quite appreciate your stories. You could definitely keep up with me, Janny. And I don't say that lightly," Julia complimented.

   "Thanks, Jules. I think we'd be quite the dynamic duo," Janny grinned.

   "No! Absolutely not," Robbie interjected. "I cannot possibly take care of both of you."