Chapter Sixty-Three

Saturday, November 13, 1976
Boston Garden, Boston, MA

Jack, Rizzo, Jimmy, and Silky finally escaped the buzzing crowd swelling by the doors of the arena, making it out into the cold air of the Boston night. They were all fired up with adrenaline as they made their way through the dark to Rizzo's car.

"That kicked ass," Jimmy grinned as they walked through the rows of cars. The parking lot was almost completely full, giving some idea as to how packed the arena had been.

"I've been waiting to see Aerosmith forever," Silky sighed happily, as if he were still experiencing the high from the concert. "They were even cooler than I thought they'd be."

"Good idea, OC," Rizzo told Jack with a clap on the back. Jack just grinned as they finally reached the car, taking the passenger side next to Rizzo. It had been Jack's idea to get tickets for the concert. He first asked Rizzo, as the two of them had bonded over their love of Aerosmith the year before. Silky and Jimmy were both new to the Boston University hockey team that year, but they'd both been interested when they heard Rizzo and Jack talking about buying tickets to the concert.

"Yeah, Aerosmith was cool. You know who else was really cool, though?" Jack offered up casually.

"Jeff Beck!" Silky announced from the backseat. The boys all voiced their agreement, before Jack spoke up again.

"Yeah, but like, Stonehead was really good, too," Jack announced. The other three boys thought back to the up-and-coming band that had been the first opening act of the show.

"Oh, yeah, they were good," Rizzo agreed, the other two nodding their heads. It was quiet as Rizzo pulled out of the parking spot, following the long line of red tail lights trying to make it out of the parking lot.

"Is it just me, or was Julie Brooks like...really good?" Jack asked after another moment of silence. The boys were quiet for a second as they thought of the lead singer from the band.

"Yeah, she was really good. I read the other day that she's only eighteen," Jimmy spoke up.

"So she and I are the same age. She's touring with Aerosmith, and I'm barely passing calculus," Silky grunted, making all the boys chuckle. They didn't say much as they waited in the unmoving sea of vehicles, but Rizzo could tell Jack had something on his mind. Finally, they made it out of the parking lot and started the drive back to campus.

"Plus, she's hot," Jack blurted out suddenly. Everyone glanced over at him, as he just stared straight ahead at the road, as if he hadn't spoken a word.

"Who?" Rizzo asked his friend after his sudden outburst.

"Julie Brooks," Jack clarified shortly. Jimmy and SIlky shared a knowing glance, but didn't say anything.

"Yeah, she's pretty," Rizzo shrugged, but he didn't sound very convinced. Jack shot a glare at him.

"What do you mean by that? You don't think that she is insanely hot?" Jack questioned, making Rizzo laugh.

"No. I mean, she's pretty, but she's not really my type," Rizzo explained.

"You're out of your mind," Jack scoffed, before glancing in the backseat. "Boys?"

Silky and Jimmy both looked toward each other, waiting for the other to speak.

"I mean, yeah, she's attractive," Silky said with a nod. Jack rolled his eyes, looking to Jimmy for backup.

"I'm with Rizzo. Pretty, but not really my type," Jimmy answered honestly.

"You're all idiots," Jack huffed. Rizzo smirked over at Jack.