Chapter Forty-Four

"Feels good to be back in Boston," Jack grinned on the bus, staring out the window.

"Good, we'll just leave you here," Julia smirked from the seat behind him.

"I heard that!" Jack told her.

"You were meant to," she laughed. Robbie just chuckled beside her, shaking his head.

"You would miss him if we left him here," Robbie said quietly, so Jack couldn't hear him.

"I would never admit to that," Julia said stubbornly.

"Hey, Jules," Silky started, turning around in his seat next to Jack to look at her. "My parents can't wait to meet you."

"Ugh," Julia groaned. "Not this again. Why do I have to meet everyone's parents?"

"Because they want to meet you!" Jack argued.

"I would never ask you guys to meet my parents," Julia pointed out.

"Not funny, Jules," Robbie chastised from beside her.

"A little funny, Robbie," Julia smirked, despite the boys shaking their heads.

"We met your siblings," Jack reminded her.

"They're little kids, they would've loved you no matter what," Julia argued.

"Let's not forget that Russell likes me best!" Mark chirped from across the aisle.

"And Danny likes me best," Jack bragged.

"Yeah, that still pisses me off!" Robbie suddenly remembered, obviously mad. "I've known Danny his whole life, and all the sudden OC is his favorite?"

"He probably just thinks Jack is new and exciting. You'll always be like a big brother to him," Julia comforted Robbie.

"Back to the point, please! Julie, you have to meet our families," Silky insisted.

"Why?" Julia whined.

"C'mon, Jules. It would mean a lot," Rizzo told her from the seat behind her, where he sat with Jimmy.

"My dad wants to meet you," Jimmy chimed in, giving her a serious look. "It would mean a lot."

"Jimmy, you can't play that card," Julia huffed. "But fine. I'll meet them, if it's that serious."

"Annie and Joe will definitely talk to you if they see you," Jack warned her.

"Annie's pretty," Silky sighed with a dopey smile. Jack turned toward him slowly, glaring at him. Everyone else cracked up laughing at the two of them.

"Stay away from my sister, Silky."

"How far away are we?" Julia changed the subject, looking out the window. The game was being played at a hockey arena in Boston, as opposed to being played at Harvard.

"Only a few minutes. Like the view?" Jack asked as she watched Boston pass by out the window.

"Yeah. I've been here like three times, but I've never really explored the city. We always just play a show and get out," Julia shrugged.

"Let's go tonight after the game," Silky suggested.

"I need to see the city that created these savages," Mark spoke up, earning glares from the Boston boys.

"By 'explore the city' do you mean find some seedy bar near the hotel where we can kill a few pitchers of beer?" Julia clarified.

"Absolutely," Silky grinned. It wasn't long until the bus was arriving at the arena, the whole team excitedly unloading the bus. The Boston boys certainly had an extra boost of energy about them, and it was clearly rubbing off on the rest of the team.