Chapter Sixty-Two

Between the massive hangovers Julia, Kathy, and several of the boys were nursing, and the four straight losses the boys had, the rest of their trip to Canada wasn't nearly as exciting as the beginning. Julia and Jack endured more interrogating than they had ever wanted.

The rumors had been flying more than ever the moment the couple had left the bar, and they certainly weren't stopping anytime soon. Julia had taken the opportunity to corner Magic as soon as she could.

"Magic, we need to talk," Julia begged, showing up at the room he shared with Robbie before their game that night. He didn't say anything, he just opened the door to let her in. Robbie sat on his bed reading, giving Julia a nod when she walked in. Magic walked over and sat on his bed, and Julia took a spot on Robbie's bed to face him.

"So, apparently I spilled the beans last night," Julia exhaled sharply, rubbing her forehead. Her hangover wasn't subsiding.

"Yeah, well, you were making it pretty obvious. Then you started whining about how you wanted Jack, so I just sorta figured," Magic shrugged. Julia didn't see the smirk on Robbie's face.

"Was it that obvious?" Julia groaned.

"You're joking, right? Everyone knows," Magic laughed. "We've been waiting for this since, like, August."

Robbie couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips, happy that someone else was pointing the obvious out.

"August? Are we really that transparent?" Julia asked, looking between Robbie and Magic.

"Yes," they both answered together. Julia begged Magic not to tell anyone, which he reluctantly agreed to. Julia didn't even bother to tell him how many other people knew already.

"Tell me what happened," Rizzo bugged Jack yet again after their game. He had been pestering Jack pretty much every opportunity he saw.

"I've told you a million times, Rizzo, we came back to the hotel, and she fell asleep until Mac got back with her key," Jack rolled his eyes. Rizzo gave an unsatisfied "hmph" and exchanged a side glance with Silky.

When it was finally time for them to return to Minnesota, Silky and Rizzo were nearly bursting. They were sure that one more day of waiting to have their suspicions confirmed would kill them.

"Hi, Jules," Rizzo grinned as they took either side of her as the group walked through the airport.

"Hi, boys," Julia said casually, pulling her suitcase behind her.

"You look really pretty," Silky said loudly, causing Julia to give him a strange side eye. She glanced down at her sneakers, jeans, and U hockey sweatshirt.

"Thanks, Silky," she said with a quick laugh. She figured this must've been their way of flirting with her. She knew Jack wasn't far behind them, and he could very easily hear Silky's comment.

"No, really, your hair looks really nice," Silky insisted with an awkward grin. Julia just tried not to laugh at his feeble attempt.

"Will you tell us about this guy you're interested in?" Rizzo probed with a fake look of innocence. Julia sighed, shaking her head.

"I can't believe you even think that I was being honest when I was drunk. I'm not into anyone, boys," Julia lied, doing her best to keep a straight face.

"I think you're just trying to take it back now, but it's too late. We all heard it, Julie," Silky told her with a tsk.

"Well, considering how well you took the news about the last guy I liked, I'm not sure why you think I would want to tell you," Julia reminded them with an eye roll. Silky and Rizzo shared a look of pure exasperation, realizing that they weren't getting their answer today. Jack tried not to laugh as he watched the scene play out in front of him.