Chapter Thirty-Nine

"I'm gonna go pick up Jules," Robbie told the boys on Halloween as he walked out of his room. He was dressed as a vampire, complete with fake blood on the corner of his mouth.

"That's quite the look, Dracula," Silky smirked from his spot on the couch beside Rizzo. Silky wore black slacks, a blue button down, a red tie, and a tan jacket.

"It's Halloween. Are you guys gonna dress up?" Robbie asked them.

"I'm going as Herb Brooks," Silky announced proudly. Robbie shook his head, not even knowing where to begin.

"I am dressed up!" Rizzo insisted, despite the fact that he was wearing a USA hockey jersey.

"As what? A hockey player?"

"Not just any hockey player," he informed Robbie, pointing out the 17 on his shoulder. "I'm going as Jack O'Callahan."

Mark, Neal, and Jimmy who were in the kitchen busted out laughing.

"That might be the dumbest costume I've ever heard of," Robbie smirked.

"No, no, it'll be easy! I'll just flirt with Jules all night until I do something stupid like be mean to her or flirt with another girl and make Jules mad and we'll be super awkward around each other until we mysteriously makeup!"

The boys all stopped and stared at Rizzo, mouths hanging open. Rizzo just grinned mischievously and shrugged.

"You know it's true."

"Okay, it's a little true," Jimmy reluctantly agreed.

"What's true?" Jack asked, entering the living room wearing Rizzo's jersey.

"Alright, then, bye," Robbie said, quickly making his exit.

Julia stood in her bedroom putting the finishing touches on her costume. She was wearing a Wonder Woman costume with her hair bumped up around her headband. As she put on her red lipstick, she heard a knock at the door.

"You know where to find her," Julia heard Herb say as he opened the front door. Julia fluffed her hair once again as she heard Robbie make his way up the stairs.

"Hey, are you ready?" Robbie asked as he entered her room. They looked each other up and down before nodding in approval.

"We look good," Julia decided after taking in Robbie's vampire costume.

"For sure. You're gonna wear a coat, right?" Robbie clarified, looking at her skintight, revealing costume. She did look just like Lynda Carter in the television series.

"Yes, Robbie, I'm gonna wear a coat," Julia told him with an eyeroll. She grabbed her white faux fur coat, throwing it on over her costume.

"Wow, look at you making good choices already," Robbie teased her.

When Robbie and Julia showed up at the house party, most of the team was already there with a beer in hand.

"Who's party is this again?" Julia asked as they made their way to the front door.

"Some guy Rammer had class with last year. He throws pretty great parties," Robbie grinned as they entered the house. The house was full of people all dressed up in Halloween costumes, dancing to loud music. Robbie and Julia made their way through the crowded house in search of their friends. Entering the kitchen, they saw Bah chugging beer through a traffic cone while the other boys cheered him on.

"What are you doing?" Julia laughed as Bah finished the beer, holding up the cone victoriously, before putting it back on his head, ignoring the few drops of beer that fell onto his forehead.