Chapter Seventy-Six

"It's freezing!" Julia whined as they unloaded their bags from the bus once they reached their hotel in Lake Placid.

"It'll be colder in February," Robbie reminded her, handing her her suitcase and ignoring her teeth chattering. He always told her to dress warmer.

"Thanks for that comforting fact," Julia huffed. "If there's anything I'm not going to miss at all when I go back to LA, it's the cold weather."

"I would've thought it would be the loss of total freedom," Rammer chuckled.

"I would've guessed it would be OC," Rizzo teased. Julia just rolled her eyes at them.

"I give her three days in Hollywood before she's back because she missed us so much," Jimmy predicted with a grin.

"Oh, please! If anything, you guys will be begging me to come back. You're going to be so bored when I leave," Julia smirked.

"You definitely make life interesting," Rizzo agreed with a grin. "Maybe we'll just have to come to California."

Jack came up, taking Julia's suitcase out of her hand. She smiled at him, thinking seriously about Rizzo's words.

"You guys are welcome to come stay with us anytime. Just make sure we're not touring, of course. Speaking of which, everyone needs to tell me where you're going to be next summer so I can make sure to put aside some tickets," Julia instructed.

"We have plenty of time to figure that out, rockstar," Jack told her. "Let's go get settled in the hotel."

"We have a couple hours till the game," Julia pointed out. "Wanna go get something to eat?"

"Actually, um, Mac and I were gonna go check out the little shops in town," Jack told her as they walked into the hotel. Julia was slightly caught off guard, but she shrugged it off as they grabbed their keys from Craig.

"Well, that sounds fun. Let me just get settled and we can go," Julia nodded. Jack hesitated for a second, avoiding eye contact with her as they got onto the elevator.

"I think just Mac and I were gonna go," Jack told her awkwardly. Julia frowned, looking at her boyfriend out of the corner of her eye.

"Oooh, you got ditched by your best friend and your boyfriend," Mark spoke up from behind them. Jack and Julia both turned around slowly to look at him. Jack looked almost amused, while Julia was aghast.

"We're not ditching her, Magic!" Jack insisted, looking between Mark and Julia. Julia's face turned into a scowl, but she turned her attention to Jack.

"If you're not ditching me then why can't I go with you?" Julia questioned, her face scrunching up in distaste.

"Jules, it's nothing," Jack promised as they made their way down the hall to their rooms. He stopped in front of the room that was assigned to Julia, noticing her pout. He laughed a little bit, setting their suitcases down and putting his hands on her shoulders. "That damn pout could ruin me."

"Does that mean I get to go shopping?" Julia asked hopefully. Jack chuckled, but shook his head.

"No. I'll see you before the game, alright?" Jack assured her. He gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before grabbing his suitcase and heading to his room. Julia was stumped for a minute before she saw Robbie getting off the elevator.

"Robbie! Are you going shopping with Jack?" She asked him quickly. He looked slightly caught off-guard, but then he nodded.

"And I can't come?" Julia clarified. Robbie just smirked.