Chapter Ninety-Three

"What are you doing?" Robbie asked as soon as Julia picked up the phone the following morning. She had enjoyed the first night back in her own bed until the phone ringing had woken her up.

"At the moment? Lying in bed with a sneaking suspicion that you're going to ask me to get out of bed," she replied groggily.

"It's almost 11 o'clock," Robbie scoffed.

"So, I'm right. You want me to get out of bed," Julia stated.

"Yeah, pretty much. Let's go skating," Robbie demanded.

"You have a Sunday morning off, and you want to go skating?" Julia repeated. "Aren't you exhausted?"

"Skating with you is like skating with a baby. Not too hard," Robbie chuckled.

"Ugh, rude," she rolled her eyes, despite the fact that he couldn't see her. "Where are we going skating?"

"The pond at my parents' house is frozen. You can bring Danny and Kelly if you want."

An hour later, Robbie, Kathy, Julia, Danny, and Kelly were skating around the pond at the McClanahans' house.

"How are you the only one in our family that is bad at skating?" Danny snickered as he watched Julia cautiously move on the ice. Her arms were outstretched in a feeble attempt to keep her balance.

"Maybe because I haven't lived in Minnesota for the last several years," Julia pointed out with a sneer. She blew a piece of hair out of her eyes, struggling to stay upright on her skates. "There's not a lot of ice in Los Angeles."

"Don't listen to her, Danny. She was bad even when she did live here," Robbie smirked, skating a circle around Julia. Julia glared at him, before reaching down to scoop up some of the ice shavings on the pond. She did her best to shape it into a sphere and threw it at Robbie, hitting him squarely on the chest.

"My aim isn't too bad, though," she grinned triumphantly. Robbie's expression was some mixture of disbelief, annoyance, and mischief.

"You deserved that," Kathy laughed at her brother. Robbie cocked his head to the side, looking at his sister curiously. She frowned. "Rob, don't even think about it."

"Think about what exactly?" He teased, skating over to the side of the pond and picking up some snow on the ground and smirking at his sister. She glared at him, before copying his actions. Soon the siblings stood on opposite sides of the pond, forming snowballs in their gloved hands.

"Pick your sides, Brooks family," Kathy said with a dramatically serious tone. Danny, Kelly, and Julia looked at each other for a long moment. Kelly was the first to move, going to stand beside Kathy. That didn't surprise anyone, as Kelly was still nervous around Robbie due to her crush. Julia moved next, carefully skating over to stand by the other girls. Her fight had begun with Robbie so she thought it was only fair that she was on Kathy's team.

"Boys against girls?" Robbie suggested, looking at Danny. Danny thought for a long minute, before he grinned wickedly. He skated over to stand by the girls, laughing at Robbie's shocked face.

"How is four on one fair?!" Robbie called out as Kelly, Kathy, Julia, and Danny began to fervently make snowballs.

"It's not," Julia laughed as they began to throw the snowballs, leaving Robbie to try to counterattack unsuccessfully. He managed to throw a few snowballs in between getting hit, but he only got Julia's shoulder and Kathy's leg.

"You guys!" Robbie yelled, holding his hands in front of his face as he continued to get pelted with snowballs. He tried to sound angry, but he couldn't disguise his laughter. "You guys, this isn't fair!"