Chapter Twenty-two

Start from the beginning

Luke let out a little laugh as well, a little creeped out about the arm over his frail shoulder though. His ocean blue eyes then flickered over to the man who was walking down the corridor. Ian.

Luke felt butterflies in the pit of his stomach and his breathing became harder. "I can make no promises," he replied to Alex, knowing exactly what was going to happen next.

Becoming more straight face the man accepted that and he said. "I know." He too knew exactly what the blonde meant. Sighing he muffled Luke's hair before whispering in his patient's ear. "Stay strong."

"Alex. Luke. Nice to see you again, it's been a while,"  Ian greeted the two. He quickly took a glance at the blonde and noticed his stomach instantly. Smiling sympathetically he turned to open the door. Alex not far behind him.

Luke shivered and Ashton looked at him. Luke gulped and muttered. "Alex was being creepy." He couldn't shake the fact that his therapist's behaviour was not like others.

"He's just being caring," the curly haired boy dismissed whilst pulling the anorexic into the room which would generally hold all of his breakdowns.

"I don't believe we've met?" Ian said turning to look as Ashton. He noticed how the two were holding hands and instantly accepted that. He thought love was a beautiful thing no matter what gender or age one was.

"No," Ashton confirmed. "I'm Ashton, Luke's boyfriend. He asked me to be with him because it'll make him more comfortable," the curly haired boy announced holding out his hand.

Acceptingly Ian took it and replied. "I'm Ian, I'm generally a therapist for people with eating disorders like Luke and assist all the weight check ups of all the eating disorder patients. Hopefully, you won't need to come here for any other reason-"

The man paused and gave a sad smile as his mind flickered through the many events which had happened in this small room. "It's not a nice place to be for at eating disorder patient. Luke would tell you that."

Ashton nodded looking back at his boyfriend. The small boy was looking down somewhat insecurely.

Ian took it within himself to stop talking and get the anorexic out of here as soon as possible. "Would you like to go change into a gown or would you like to get straight into it and just do it in your underwear?" he gave the option.

"Just get straight on with it," the blonde muttered whilst bending down to take off his black converse.

Whilst he was untying them, Alex gestured for Ashton to come and sit next to him on the medical bed. The elder was on his phone with a frown on his face.

"You look worried," Ashton whispered to the grey haired man who slipped his phone in his pocket.

"There's gonna be some stuff going on over the next couple of days," Alex whispered back, a hint of doubt in his tone.

"Like what?" the curly haired boy asked confused.

The whispering was making the blonde uneasy. He thought the two were whispering about him. How fat he had gotten. But a part of him knew that Ashton wouldn't do that to him. Neither would Alex.

Removing his jumper to reveal his swollen stomach Ian couldn't help but stare. Basically every bulimic or anorexic patient he had weighed had gone through this stage eventually in their recovery however none of their bellies protruded as much as the blondes did.