Chapter XXXII

Matrix's POV

Three weeks go by, and there's no news from my sister. I'm afraid not just for her safety, but for the well-being of the people in this city.

"You're fidgeting again," Gwyneira calls out. She's sitting in the chair opposite of me, we're in the library. I look down at the pieces of paper adorning my lap, I've been ripping at my notebook.

"I can't help it. What if he's hurt her again? What if she really wasn't thinking straight and she's still not over him?"

"She's an adult Matrix, she gets to make her own decisions. I, for one, have faith in her. From what you've told me I don't think he's going to be able to lay a hand on her."

"He hurt two of my favorite women, I only have three favorites. That's a high percentage. Pardon me if I'm a bit anxious."

"I'm not saying your fears aren't valid. I'm just saying that right now there's nothing we can do. We don't know where they are and we have no way of reaching them," she points out.

I let out a sigh, knowing that she's right.

"You're highness, mi'lady, I bring news," the servant cries while bursting into the library.

"Say it then!" I'm on my feet now.

"There's fire, in the borders. It's a massive blaze. The people in the inner circle are panicking."

Fear squeezes my heart, "Cybil," I whisper.

"You think she'd do this? Why burn down the human homes though, she wants them free," Gwyneira points out.

"I'm not sure but I'm going to find out. Take Lilly to the safe room, do not come out until I send for you. Darcy should be with Lilly, he will guard the door for you guys," a commotion is heard nearby and we all rush out of the room.

"The princess has been taken! Darcy is missing too!" A guardsmen yells rushing towards us.

"No, no!" I scream.

"Matrix calm down, Cybil wouldn't hurt Lilly," Gwyneira reassures me.

We hear more yelling and I move to the windows. Looking down I see hundreds of vampires flooding the courtyard, trying to enter the headquarters. "They're afraid," I whisper. "They've come to seek refuge."

"Will you give it to them?" I turn to see my sister standing at the end of the hall.

"Where is Lilly?!" I demand.

"Safe. Along with Darcy. I explained to him what was going to happen to the headquarters soon. Would you like to know as well?" I stay silent, my jaw is clenched. "Alright then, I'll leave."

"Wait!" I call out. "What's your game here?"

She smiles before sitting on the windowsill nearby her, she's still a few feet away, smart move. She knows my guards might attack her.

"The borders have been burnt to a crisp, after evacuating all the humans of course. Then we moved on to the inner circle, we got all the vampires safely out of one building before exploding it. That caused panic enough, but then I had some of my men run through the streets proclaiming that shelter had been offered at the headquarters. Soon the entire city will be here and once the land is all clear I'm going to burn the inner circle to the ground. There will be nothing left for the people there. I don't know about you but I have enough supplies to help them all, and an army of humans willing to give their blood to keep the vampires alive. On one condition of course. Freedom, a document signed with the blood of the king."