Chapter XXV

WARNING; MATURE CONTENT

This is the only time mature content will be featured in this story. It is sexual, but not grotesque in details. Read at your own discretion.

Cybil's POV

The people let out screams of approval, and I lift our joined hands in the air. "And that is what I will promise you all, love! From the very core of my heart! I know you, each and every one of you, I've walked these city streets my entire life, felt your touch and know your hearts. I will never fail you, I will fight for each and every one of you as you have fought for my right to be with Natham. And now, to show our devotion to each and every one of you," Quickly I turn to Natham, as we'd planned, and dig my fangs into the flesh of his neck. I hear the people gasp, might've even heard Gwyneira shriek a bit. Then the applause that comes is so loud it's deafening. I pull away and feel Natham shaking beside me. "It was the last bit of venom he needed to complete the process! He's changed for you, to become your perfect vampire prince! He's changed for love!"

Oh they were hooked. Absolutely hooked. Not much is said after that, simply the announcer wrapping things up and then all of us quickly rushing off of the balconies. As soon as we are behind closed doors the nurses are upon Natham, strapping him down to the bed in the room. Within seconds Gwyneira is there, Matrix and Lily as well. There are tears in her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me Cybil?" she sobbed.

"I'm sorry my love, truly, there was no time. We planned it right before walking onto the balcony I swear," I rush towards her, wrapping her up in my arms. "I knew it would be unfair to you, and for that I apologize, but it was strategic. I hate the thought of hurting you, it's only my brother I wish to defeat, and it's unfortunate that you're on his side."

"It was brilliant Cybil, the most incredible thing I've ever witnessed," Matrix tosses out and I shoot him a glare.

"Not now silly, can't you see she's in distress?!"

"No, he's right," Gwyneira sniffles before pulling away. "The process had already begun with his injections anyways. I knew it was coming, and completing the last act in front of them was an incredible move. You really do know what you're doing."

"I prefer to stir the heart, as opposed to the mind."

"Which is why you'll run this city to the ground," Matrix concludes. I simply respond with a shrug before becoming distracted by a scream of pain from Natham.

"Oh god," Gwyneira whispers, rushing to his side. The nurses have already strapped him down to the bed and left the room but still I push Gwyneira back a bit as I watch him thrash around.

"It's best not to get too close, your sweet human blood will cause him to ache in a way he never has at first. Just for a little while though," I reassure her. "Then he'll calm down. A day or two at most, nothing severe. It's important that you don't let him feed from you during that time, he won't stop if you do."

"Oh god," she says again.

"The process of change isn't a pleasant one, which is why we don't complete it often," Mother chimes in. "Far better to birth a vampire than to sire one."

"How much blood will he need before he calms down?" Gwyneira questions. She's the only human in the room and yet none of the vampires answer her. "How much?"

"We're preparing about two gallons of blood for him when the process is complete. It's important that he doesn't come into contact with any humans before he's received that amount. Gwyneira, look at me, you must promise us you'll stay away from him until then," she looks into my eyes and I see her understanding.

"I promise," she states firmly. All of us let out sighs of relief during that moment before turning our attention back to him. "Natham?" she calls gently. He turns, reaches for her hand. She looks at me with questioning eyes first and after I nod she takes it, grasping it with both of her own. "I'm here my love, right here."

"This...is...shitty," he wheezes and we all let out a bit of laughter at his lighthearted nature.

"How long will the change last Cybil?" Gwyneira asks me.

"About an hour. I'll come get you when your time with him is up," I turn to walk away, as everyone else is leaving.

"Wait," both Gwyneira and Natham say at the same time.

"Don't leave us Cybil, neither of us know what to expect, you're our anchor in this," Gwyneira explains. I turn and look back at her, my heart swelling with the love I have for the both of them. After a moment of hesitation I close the door behind me and join them.

Natham's POV

Pain. Blinding, deafening, enrapturing. The injections were nothing like this, in fact they were more so numbing than anything else. But this, this was volatile. The venom in my body makes me shake and rage and quake with a desire I don't quite understand yet. There is only an hour of this, all the while both Gwyneira and Cybil whisper words of comfort to me, but it seems like ages. In and out of time. I feel my body grow stronger, more agile; my muscles tense and coil as the process that has been occurring for weeks finally completes itself.

I hear Cybil mumble something about it being time, but everything is hazy. I slightly notice Gwyneira leaving my side, recognize the door closing in the distance, and then all is still.

I watch her, an angel of death, as she unties the leather restraints adorning my hands and feet. I feel it, coming from her, the desire, the craving she has never experienced before. Ready to leap, she senses me and holds up a finger.

"It will not last Natham, do you understand? It is a matter of vampiric nature, not my preference."

"I understand," I growl, and my voice is almost not my own.

"I explained what would happen to Gwyneira, knowing you'd be incapable of considering her in this state," she adds.

"Cybil, you're rambling. Now, I need it now," I snap out.

With a sigh she nods and then I am upon her.

Everything is so fast and so slow all at once. Before I am even aware of what I'm doing, I've thrown her against the wall and tangled my fingers in her hair. She responds just as eagerly, and now I know for sure that it is instinct driving us on, nothing more. I rip at her clothes as my lips intertwine with hers, a passion neither of us understand racing inside of us. Soon we are both naked, no more barriers between us.

Foreplay does not exist, this is primal and filled with purpose. The scream she lets out when I drive into her for the first time only urges me on. My mate, my sire, mine.

Her nails digging at my back, but now my skin is strong enough to sustain such torment. My mind is a whirlwind and I feel a new craving rising up in my body even as I bed her.

And then, sensing what I need, she lifts her breast to my mouth. My fangs break skin immediately and her blood finally enters me. Our sireship is complete.

It is chaos within me, a rising over and over again, and I can tell it is the same for her. The taste of her is so strong inside of me, everything a haze. I relish this moment, knowing that we may never have one again. And then I reach down between us and begin to pleasure her with my fingers. "Just this once Cybil, just this once, peak with me," I plead.

"Only for you, only for you," she responds and I watch as her eyes roll back, as passion adorns her face. I feel myself tremble with the need to finish off but I wait, wait, until she lets out a woman's cry and I feel her tighten and coil around me. Then and only then do I release.

We slide to the floor together, a tangled mess of limbs and her seated upon my lap, facing me. I let out a sigh of contentment as she rests her head on my shoulder. "You didn't tell me it would be like that."

"I warned you that you'd want me, that we'd want each other," she mumbles.

"Yes but I didn't expect so much...desire. Especially from your end of things," I'm combing my fingers through her hair, embracing all that we have left of the moment.

"It's instinct for me, vampiric nature," she concludes with a shrug.