Chapter XXVI

Author's Note;

This chapter is dedicated to the amazing obsessor189 for always bringing joy and encouragement to my heart with their comments. You're a real one <3

Natham's POV

 Suddenly, her face pops into my mind, "When will I get to see Gwyneira."

"Soon, my love, but first you must eat. Otherwise it'll be death you reap upon her," Cybil explains.

I let out a growl, "I'd never hurt her," but even as I say the words I feel the thirst rising up within me. "But a meal would be nice," I add.

We dress quickly and Cybil rushes out of the room, going to retrieve the blood prepared for me. I sit on the bed, growing anxious as time passes by. Now that the heated sex is over, a different need is boiling inside of my body. After what seems like ages, Cybil rushes back in, Davin with her.

"My Prince," he greets with a bow but I'm pretty sure it's Matrix he supports. He's carrying a black plastic pouch with him, it's massive and I can hear the liquid sloshing around inside of it. More importantly, I can smell it. My senses intensify instantly and I leap towards him. I'm shocked at how fast I am in front of him and even more surprised by how fast Cybil is in front of me.

"Sit, take the straw. If you attack that bag then the blood will spill all over the floor and go to waste," she orders.

As I obey her I ask, "Why didn't you bring me a feeder?"

"Because you'd brutally murder them," Davin mutters while setting the pouch down at my feet. Cybil sticks one end of a long tube into the bag before handing me the other end.

"Drink," she says and I do. I drink and drink and while my nature is not satisfied that blood is coming from a plastic bag, the itch inside of me is being soothed. I never knew how much one could thirst, but now, as I drain this bag dry in a few minutes I understand what is to be vampire.

At last, when the bag is empty and I feel so full I could vomit, I lay back on the bed, groaning and in a bit of a haze.

"It's the equivalent to a food coma," Cybil explains.

"Will it always be like this?" I question.

"No, you'll never eat that much again. It's the initial transition that makes one ravenous."

"Good...does this mean I get to see Gwyneira now?"

"Yes, I sent Davin for her. She should be here soon," as she speaks the door creaks open and Gwyneira steps in. She lets out a gasp when she sees me before cautiously approaching.

"What is it?" I ask, sitting up and looking down at myself to make sure I'm not covered in blood. Once I see that I'm clean I return my face to her shocked gaze.

"You just...look different," she explains.

"What?!" I jump up and rush into the en suite bathroom. Gazing in the mirror I feel my own surprise roll through me. Cybil and Gwyneira follow me but I hardly notice them. "Holy shit," I muse before letting out a low whistle.

I'm still me, of course I'm still me but there are slight differences. Blemishes gone, hair looks better, healthier than ever in fact, and there's this ethereal glow to my skin. However...my teeth are stained a bit red.

"Will they stay like this?" I question to Cybil.

"No, they just need to be cleaned," she answers.

"I didn't think my looks would change," I muse.

"They didn't, not by much. It might be a shocking transition to humans, but not to a vampire. To me, they're just subtle changes that make you more appealing. Which is the key to being a vampire, the ability to lure in your prey."

"Why lure when we can catch?" I ask her.

She lets out a deep sigh, realizing that she'll have quite a bit to explain to me over these next few days. "Both of you come away from the toilet. If we're gonna play twenty one questions I should at least be able to sit down," she wanders back into the bedroom and plops down in a chair while Gwyneira and I sit down on the bed. I make no move to touch her as I'm not sure she's ready for that.

"Back in the old world, long before my family came into power, humans didn't know that vampires existed and we wanted to keep it that way. There are still some kingdoms that are unaware of our existence, mostly by choice to remain ignorant, but back then, very few humans knew about us. Now, vampires are messy hunters, and sometimes even messier eaters. We were fast, volatile, and way too strong. If we captured, if we caught, there was always a sign. Hunters were more than capable of finding us, all they had to do was follow the trail of dead bodies. We learned that if we could lure, take just enough from a human, then let them go, we'd have a much better survival rate. So the hunt become sexual, the hunt became a dance."

"Cybil..." I hesitate.

"Yes Natham?"

"How did humans end up like this? Trapped in the Castle, with no education, no knowledge and no power? I know nothing of my own history, it's shameful," I admit.

She stares at me for a moment, a look of concern etched on her face. Instead of answering my question, she asks one of her own, "Natham...can you read and write?"

Everything in me goes warm and I feel the blush rush to my cheeks. Even now, Gwyneira looks over at me, her own surprise registering. "I-I can read, a little bit...sort of. As for writing...it wasn't a skill required for a feeder. If I had been a greenblood, or a house slave things might've been different. But I was a purple vein, and that meant that all I had to do was look pretty, taste good, and be quiet."

They're both staring at me now, these women that have come to love me, with pain in their eyes.

"That just won't do," Gwyneira says, taking my hand.

"She's right, as Prince...and future King, you'll need to know how to read, and write, and you'll definitely need to know the history of this kingdom."

"I don't want others knowing that I'm incapable. I don't want some old vampiric tutor looking down on me because of this," I grumble.

"That's fine then, Cybil and I will teach you," Gwyneira deadpans. I see Cybil raise her eyebrows at Gwyneira and I smirk.

"Will we?" Cybil questions.

"Yes, of course we will. Natham is to be your prince, and you will teach him these things. Besides, it's your family's fault that the humans don't have education, and you're gonna make up for it starting with him," Gwyneira deadpans. "I know plenty of things, but I don't know the history of your kingdom, not like you do."

"I knew there was a reason I liked you," Cybil grins.

"Besides me nursing you back to health?"

"What can I say, nothing brings me out of depression like a warm hearted human," Cybil winks at us both and Gwyneira shivers.

"Don't get any ideas, I plan on growing very old and dying, unlike you two."

"You hang around us long enough, you'll wind up murdered," I chime in.

Gwyneira stares at us both before letting out her laughter. "You're not wrong."

Author's Note;

Bit of a filler chapter but I felt like you all deserved some peace and time with the characters just being wholesome.

How do you guys feel about poly relationships?

Have you ever been in one?

Do you think you could do it?

Just curious...thank you all for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all!