Chapter XV

Matrix's POV

I feel the chill roll down my back as people immediately began gossiping and discussing the events that have just taken place. And now, Cybil's court was no longer her court, it was mine. I realized, as they all stood there staring at me, that I would have to dismiss them.

"You may all leave if you wish," I wave my hand in dismissal. It is then I remember Natham, "Except you," I snap, my voice harsh all of sudden. "You are no longer in service to my sister, and no longer engaged to her. The wedding is called off and you are in service to me," I declare.

"What?! You're insane. You'll never keep Cybil and I apart, I'm the reason she's even alive, she would've killed herself if not for me," Natham growls.

"You dare to question me?! I can send you back to Antoinette where you'll be raped every night, or you can serve me, your choice," I threaten.

Natham bites down hard on his lip to keep from screaming out and then speaks with barely contained rage, "It would be an honor to serve you...my prince."

"Good, go and prepare a carriage."

"I'm a feeder not some damned greenblood," Natham hisses. I smirk a bit at the human's bravery.

"I won't be feeding from you Natham, you've bonded to my sister, I respect bonds. Now go prepare a damn carriage," I mock. With a sigh Natham storms out of the room. I look around and see everyone else is staring at me, whispering things about the whole ordeal. "Things will be changing around here, and you all better get used to it!" And with that said, I storm out of the room as well.

Natham's POV

I race towards Cybil's bedroom as if my life depends on it, I don't give a care what that bastard says, I am going to comfort my friend. When I reach the door, I can hear her wreaking havoc. Her screams are volatile and things are crashing on the other side.

I rush in and gaze at the mess she's made. There is broken glass everywhere, tattered cloth and blood amongst the floor from where she's managed to cut herself. She shocks me out of my stupor when she slams her hand against the vanity, shattering it. I lunge and grab her quickly, wrapping my arms around her as she screams out in fury.

"Let me go! Let me go!" she shrieks.

"No, I won't let go, you know this Cybil, I'll never let you go," I say soothingly and sure enough, her screams turn to sobs of sorrow instead. She presses her face into my chest, letting me hold her as she cries. It is then that Matrix walks in and we both look up.

"You're supposed to be preparing a carriage," he says to me and I nearly throw a piece of glass at his face.

"Can't you see your sister is in distress, have a heart!"

"I will care for my sister, go do as you were told!" Matrix snaps and I feel fury burn through my bones. I have no choice but to do as he says and so after placing a gentle kiss on Cybil's cheek I leave her alone with her brother, wishing for the best.

Cybil's POV 

Once Natham leaves the room Matrix walks over to me and sinks to his knees. Grabbing my hands, he kisses them. "Please forgive me, it was never my intent to hurt you," his own tears spill over.

"Then why are you doing this? I don't understand!" I cry out.

"Because I'm worried for you Cybil, and I know you're up to something. Once I figure out everything that's going on and settle it, the throne is yours to have, just, please, trust me," Matrix pleads.

"How, how can I trust you after a thing like this? You did all of this because you think I'm up to something? You could've just asked me!" I pull away from him and plop down onto my bed. "In one day you've managed to take everything away from me, even Natham," I whisper his name as more tears roll down my cheeks.

"Is he truly that important to you?"

"I love him, why can't you see that?" I hiss. "I'll kill myself if you don't give him back," I urge quite suddenly.

"That's a terrible threat to make," Matrix scolds.

"And one I intend to keep. Natham is mine, Father's gift to me. Will you override your King as well as your Princess?"

"You are not my Princess anymore, to me you are a lady, to them, you are a Princess. But you are correct, if Father gave him to you, there is nothing I can do about that. If you truly want him so bad, you may have him," he sits down beside me as if he is welcome here.

As we hear someone at the doorway we look up to see Natham has returned. "A carriage is ready sir," his voice is filled with so much anger and it warms my soul to see how much he cares for me.

"You don't have to call me sir," Matrix says with a sigh, "Cybil may have you. I want the two of you to know that I don't plan on ruining your lives."

"Oh dear brother, you already have," I smile beautifully. "Now get out."

To my relief Matrix leaves without another word.

Natham approaches me slowly, the way one does a vicious animal. "Are you going to explode again?" he questions gently.

"No, the storm has passed," I reassure him before letting out a heavy sigh. My soul is burdened. "You were right Natham, things were going far too well. I should've been prepared for something terrible to happen. I'm such a failure!"

"Cybil, you are not a failure!" he retorts quickly while sitting beside me and offering comfort.

"I'm close enough. I've lost my court, my Mother and Father practically hate each other now, I mean I knew they had problems before but did you hear her this morning, she sounded like she was going to-" my entire body goes cold. "Natham, run and go find my brother Matrix, quickly, I've got to get to my Father," I stand and pull off my heels, strip out of my dress, and toss on some more comfortable clothes instead.

"Cybil where are you running off to?!" Natham questions.

"My Father is in danger," I urge while pulling a sweater over my head. Then I grab my old pistol out of the hidden compartment in my dresser.

"Woah, Cybil, I think you should put that thing down, do you even know how to use it?"

I cast him a glare, "What do you think I am, an imbecile?" and with that said I leave the room and race towards my parents' chambers.

Author's Note;

Things are starting to take off now. I'm so excited to see the plot of this book rolling and being revealed to you guys. Poor Matrix is just doing what his dad asked of him, but Cybil and Natham are not messing around. 

Cybil thinks her father is in danger, what do you guys think?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment please! It would really motivate me to post more if I got to read some comments! Regardless, thanks for the incredible influx of reads, love you guys!