Chapter XXVIII

TRIGGER WARNING; This chapter contains themes of violence and sexual abuse. It begins at the start of the chapter and I will put a marker in bold when those themes end if you'd like to skip them. 

Cybil's POV

"Natham, what are you doing here? It's late, shouldn't you be in bed with Gwyneira." I urge.

"I need to talk to you, to apologize about my behavior lately. I know I've been pushing you, and I'm sorry, so sorry Cybil. It isn't fair. You've set clear boundaries and I keep passing them," he looks so sincere and my heart nearly melts.

"Natham, you have to stop. Saying you're sorry isn't enough, I need to start seeing some change," I tell him and watch as his eyes go dark at my words.

"My apology should mean something to you Cybil. You shouldn't brush it off and just start making demands." My brows shoot up at his words. He walks over to me and grips my shoulders, adding on, "Besides, it's your fault I'm like this anyways, and you know it."

"Natham, let go of me," I snap but instead he squeezes tighter.

"No, look at me Cybil. I know you want me, you're lying to yourself if you say you don't. You're confused about your sexuality, think back to that moment we had together, you can't possibly say you don't want that ever again," he growls, lust showing in his eyes. His nails are digging into my skin and my stomach clenches, not in a good way.

"I warned you Natham, it was purely vampiric instinct."

"Bullshit!" he yells and I flinch. He sees my fear and loosens his hold, instead placing a hand on my cheek and stroking tenderly, "Cybil, don't you love me?"

I turn away, getting my distance from him. "We've been over this! Of course I love you, with every inch of my being! But love doesn't equal sex to me, in fact sex has no place in my kind of love at all! You said you could deal with that. If you're so needy, why don't you go see Gwyneira, I imagine you guys have an amazing time together. She's wonderful and beautiful, and can provide you with what I can't, that's the point of this whole thing!"

"I love Gwyneira, but I can't be rough with her. She's so...fragile. With you..." he trails off for a moment before crossing over to me again and wrapping his hands around my waist. Before I can protest, he's shoved me up against the wall, my head slamming back against the plaster. His hand slithers up to my throat and he clenches tightly before pressing his lips against my own. He kisses me passionately but I don't return the favor. Then, to my utter shock, he slaps me, hard across the face. "Kiss me back Cybil," he growls and the fear is so strong within me that I do. I had looked into his eyes and seen that he'd never hit me again, what had changed? When had his truth turned to a lie?

I can't help it, can't deny him, and so even though I'm disgusted by him right now I let my lips entangle with his own. When his tongue seeks access, I open for him. This goes on for awhile until he pulls back, a look of confusion in his eyes.

"Cybil...you're crying," he whispers and with his thumb wipes away a tear.

"I've created a monster," I mumble back to him, refusing to look at his face. It is then that he throws me down to the ground, spitting on me as I crumble into a heap.

"You're the monster, Cybil. Letting your own father get murdered, and then lying for the person that killed him. What kind of a daughter are you?" and with that, he storms out of the room.

I don't move for hours. In far too much shock and pain to do anything except cry. When the tears are all gone from my body and thoughts can finally wander through my head I think back on his exact words.