My Grumpy Partner

CHAPTER 3

Every thing was going pretty smooth.... We became friends.. our sons were best of best friends...never leaving each other....always hanging out together...going to school together.. coming home together...ohh ..I am so happy...

It was a Tuesday..... and me and Sam were getting ready for office and school...

"Junior.. call Ricky and tell him to be ready..we will be leaving in 10 mins."

"Oh Dad I forgot to tell you.. Ricky wont be coming to school today..."

"not coming to school?? But why?"

"I don't know... he was kind of sad.."

"Really..okay you be ready.. ill just come"

Ting tong....

Gulf opened the door ... wearing and Black suit ..red eyes.. along with Ricky.. looked like they were going somewhere..

"Ummm...Gulf were you crying??"

"Uncle MJ .... Today since morning Papa was crying... I also cried.."

I moved close to him... "Whats wrong?"

He looked at me with sadness..and said softly.. "we are going to meet Ricky's parents ..will you join me..please.."

I was surprised.. I thought..

So Ricky is not his own son!!!

I looked at him and just nodded...

Gulf came out with Ricky... and locked the door..

I ran downstairs and told Sam that we were going to meet Ricky's parents.. like me .. Sam was also surprised...

We took gulf's car and after an hour drive we arrived at a cemetery....

I felt a stab in my heart....

Gulf parked the car...and we all came out..

We bought a bouquet of prime roses..

Entering the Cemetery..we saw an old couple standing in front of a pair of tomb....

As we moved closer..Ricky ran to them....and cried...while hugging them... the old couple were also in tears... but looking at gulf..my heart broke.... He looked so stressed... puffy red eyes... red nose....

We walked to the pair of tombs and saw the engraving.. on the stone..

In the loving Memory of Maria Michaelson (1990-2017) a best friend , a beautiful wife. And a loving mother)

In the loving Memory of Chen Michaelson(1990-2017) a best friend, a dedicated husband, and a loving father)

I just read the engravings without a word.. Gulf's parents ..Gulf , Ricky and us we put the Bouquet on their grave and prayed...

Gulf was hugging... seeing them my hands automatically held Gulf's hands..he looked at me... and then looked at Ricky...

After some time we left the cemetery... and drove back home....the whole ride was quiet.. no one spoke a word....

I didn't ask any questions ... I will wait for him to talk about it.

The week went by and the atmosphere was quite depressing ..... so Sam.. he thought about a way.. to lighten up...

Same week Saturday ...morning ... Sam called up Ricky to have a camp night.... But the twist was .. it was going to be held at home that too in his room.... Ricky agreed instantly... it will be sleepover party...