• Bonus Scene •

Start from the beginning

She tossed another black one and shut the cupboard. She made her way into the washroom. She stepped out with a bottle of oil in hand. Her husband had dressed up. She sat on the bed, commanding him to take the floor. Shivaay settled on the carpet. 

"How was your day?" He asked, a habit he had formed. 

"Good, we had samosas for the weekly Friday snacks today," she told him while her fingertips pressed against his scalp. 

"I am so envious of you work life," he mumbled. Anika had literally grown over him. He loved talking to her. Just talking to her made him feel better. They both had come a long way together. 

"Since when do you like samosas?" She asked leaning over him her fingers threading through his hair. 

"Uh-uh, not samosas, the fact that every Friday you chill out with your team."

Anika heard him out thoughtfully. "Do you ever feel that what you have is enough? Why new deals?"

"Anika, in business if you don't grow, you're as good as dead," he answered.

"No, Shivaay. I beg to differ. You don't have to keep expanding. You can just maintain what you have." She spoke out her mind.

He let out a sigh, "Anika, it doesn't work that way." 

Anika's lips formed a subtle frown, "Okay,"

His hand reached up to her wrist and he threw his head back to meet her eyes. "I respect what you think. It's just that..."

"I am not a businessman mind. I know," Anika answered before he completed .

"Anika,"

"Let's drop this." She suggested massaging his scalp. "Now, turn around let my fingers give your forehead some attention." He did as he was told. He now sat on the floor facing her. His head tilted back slightly to allow her fingers to work their magic. His hands resting on her thighs.

"We should go for a vacation," he said softly his eyes still closed ad her fingertips moved in soothing patterns over his forehead.

"Yes, I agree. I am bored of shuffling between office home. I could use a break." She responded, her fingertips pressing against his temples.

"Have I ever told you that your fingers are magical?" He asked, opening his rues slightly. 

Anika grinned, "nope, you almost never compliment me."

"Liar," Shivaay accused her, with a hint of smile.

"Tell me the last time you did?"

"Hmm," Shivaay fell silent for a moment, "I told you last night that I love you,"

Anika looked at him recollecting. "I love you, isn't a compliment."

"Right, then, what about You're beautiful?"

"When did you say that?" Anika asked narrowing her eyes trying to recollect those words being said to her.

"Right now," he answered with a grin.

His charm, like always, worked on Anika and a smile broke loose on her face. She lovingly held his face in her hands, her thumb lazily drawing patterns over his cheek. She felt his hands caress her thighs. "Thank you,"

"Anytime!" Anika replied with a wink.

Shivaay smiled not breaking their eye contact. She did make his life better. 

* * *

Shivaay entered the room and locked it immediately, a habit he never broke. He was surprised when Anika instantly walked up to him wrapping her hands around him.