Chapter 44 : Strong Attachment

It was Friday night. Shivaay sat with Omkara and Rudra by the common pool on the first floor of their mansion. "You know what's the advantage of these stupid plasters, I know those who really care for me," Rudra spoke. "The count is 67." He added.

"Sixty-seven people came to see you?"

"Yes," Rudra beamed.

Omkara chuckled, "And half of them were girls?"

"No, nine-tenth of them were girls," Rudra grinned. "I told you I am the heartthrob of the college."

"Rudra, that's not important. It's better to have one person who truly cares than a hundred who turn up because you're handsome or rich." Omkara told him, while Shivaay listened his thoughts still lingering around Anika. They hadn't spoken since last evening. 

"Bhavya didn't come," Rudra frowned evidently not happy about it.

"You were expecting her?" Omkara asked deciphering the hurt from his brother's tone.

Rudra shrugged, "Many people came. Even Saumya. She fights with me and we are never sweet to each other. I have embarrassed her so many times with my pranks but she still came. She also bought protein shakes and a poster that had a title Mr. Prankster, Get Well Soon. But Bhavya didn't even come. I am sweet to her. I always try to be there for her. I like her." 

Omkara put his arm around his brother. "Start caring more about Saumya then. Those who don't care for you don't deserve you."

Rudra nodded dejectedly and then looked at him observantly, "You seem happy off late,"

Shivaay glanced up at Omkara. Omkara shrugged and met Shivaay's gaze. Rudra was right, off late Omkara wasn't brooding he was cheerful. "Is it not a good thing?" Omkara asked.

"It is, it's nice to see you happy," Rudra tossed a warm smile hugging him. Shivaay smiled.

"But I can't say the same about Shivaay Bhaiya," Rudra spoke looking at him. 

"I agree," Omkara spoke looking at Shivaay.

"You still haven't made up with Bhabhi, have you?" Rudra asked confused.

"We are okay," Shivaay muttered looking away at the blue water.

"Shivaay, please. It's visible. You both don't even see each other in the eyes." Omkara spoke up.

"It will pass with time," Shivaay shrugged sighing. 

"Shivaay, are you serious? If she's upset you should make it up to her instead of sitting here and saying it will pass."

"O is right!" Rudra expressed his agreement.

"What do I do?" Shivaay asked.

"Take her out, a date maybe." Rudra grinned.

"Shut up," Omkara muttered. "I think you should go for the small things."

"Small things?" Rudra and Shivaay asked in unison turning towards Omkara.

"Yeah, small things. Like being there for her when she needs you. Helping her with things she can do on her own. Making her a cup of coffee." Omkara smiled reminiscing how he loved doing all that for Gauri. She'd go all aww and reward him with kisses. His wide smile wavered and he turned back to his brothers, "The subtle stuff like that.."

The two of them gaped at him. "Bhaiya, is this Omkara Singh Oberoi? Do you think his look-alike took his place?" Rudra asked dumbfounded. 

"Hey, what do you mean?" Omkara asked offended.