Chapter 9 : Hues Of Romance

Shivaay woke up the next morning rubbing his face. Damn, he was so saturated with dirty dreams. He needed Anika more than anything he had ever wanted anything. The wedding preparations were on in full swing. Yesterday, his mother had told him that she had booked the choreographer and that the two of them could get to preparing the dance. Everyone else in the family was making time for dance rehearsals. But, here he was waiting for his bride to return from her stupid camp. Why did she have to volunteer every freaking time? 

The day was hectic for Shivaay. He was working extra hours so that he could be at ease during the wedding and after it. Yet, he didn't miss to text her. However, there was no reply. He was irritated. He wanted her attention, craved for it even. It was like all the other girls wanted his attention while he was lovesick behind Anika. 

* * *

Anika didn't know how to deal with the situation in hand. He was neither responding to her messages nor taking her calls. She was almost sure he was pissed. Her mom was certain too. Anika was supposed to be back on Friday night. However, another village in the district had been reporting many cases of death owing to hunger. As a result, the NGO that had sponsored the camp had decided to extend their trip by visiting this particular village and helping out as much as possible to stabilize the conditions by providing food and water. Anika had readily agreed for the two-day extension. However, she had only informed her mother about the extension. She had decided to inform Shivaay once she reached the village. But her luck ran cold, as there was no network coverage in the village and the electricity was scarce too. 

In summary, Shivaay was now ignoring her and Anika had no clue how to handle the situation. "Mumma, why don't you call him and ask him to talk to me?" She glanced at her mother popping another pakoda in her mouth.

"Anu, you're not in kindergarten that I am going to intervene and create peace. He is your husband-to-be. You need to learn to deal with him yourself. Not by, asking me to ask him to talk to you. Plus, I think he is right. You should have informed him. You've got your dad's habit at this. He would always make the decision and then tell me." Her mother huffed.

"Firstly,  I am not used to telling him and informing him what's going on in my life. In fact, I am not used to telling anyone except you. Secondly,  how does it make a difference if I tell him before or after? I have anyway made the decision."

Her mother turned the flame down and turned to face her with a hand on her hip. "Anu, you are marrying him. That means sharing your life. You need to involve him in decisions and so does he. Stop acting like 'I don't know R of Relationships'. Just accept it. He's a nice guy. Now go and try to apologize. Sometimes, it's okay to apologize even when you're not wrong. It simply saves time and headache and also makes you feel happy. Trust me."

Anika sighed, "Fine, I will. Now, I gotta rush, I have work to do!" Having said that Anika made her way to her room. Her mother looked at her thoughtfully. Shivaay was one lucky man. Anyone who would have the real Anika would be really lucky. Her mother smiled, what was she going to do without her. The thought was terrifying. But, one day she had to let her go. Anika would make her own family. She couldn't wait to see how excellent and loving Anika would be to her new family. She gazed back at the pressure cooker. Anika was giving her freedom. It was sad and yet a sense of newness for her as well. To be on her own and explore the world, as Anika had said the other day. She shook her head, for now, she could focus on cooking. 

* * *

Anika had never been to such an amazing workplace before. The thought that it was her fiance's office, he literally owned it made her nervous. She had called Rudra and he had suggested her to surprise Shivaay at the office. He had made the necessary calls so that she got access without bringing her arrival to Shivaay's scrutiny. Now, as she stood inside the elevator, she looked at herself in the mirror. She had dressed in her pink top and jeans. She looked totally like a bright pink flower in a world full of corporate colors. She ran her fingers through her hair straightening it and setting a bunch on her shoulder. She took a deep breath reminding herself that it wasn't the first time she was meeting him.