Chapter 6 : Yes or No?

It had been a week to the incident where she had met Shivaay. She no longer paid much interest to Varun. He was a great guy but Anika somehow had started to have second thoughts. She wondered if it was because of Shivaay. He had probably decided his wedding venue with Mallika. They looked amazing together. How much ever she ran from the fact it came back to her. This feeling was irritating. She entered the house to be surprised. Was she like literally seeing Shivaay seated on the sofa of her home's living hall? 

"Hi!" He greeted her. He seemed real.

"Hi!" Annika greeted staring at him.

"Anika, did you get the tomatoes?" Her mother asked walking out of the kitchen. What a way to greet! "Ahh, I forgot." She answered staring at her other and then slowly moving her eyes to ask her what was he doing there.

"Oh, Shivaay came to meet you. I thought you knew. He just came minutes back." Her mother spoke smiling at Shivaay.

"No aunty, I thought I would surprise her. Actually, this brought me here." Saying so he held up the potted plant. Anika's lips curled up to form a smile as she saw the plant. "It actually grew." She exclaimed astonished.

"I will be back!" Saying that her mother disappeared into the kitchen.

"I told you it will sprout!" He smiled. 

Anika walked over and took the plant from his hand. They had spent one Sunday afternoon trying to get their hands literally dirty doing gardening. "You were right Mr.Oberoi!" It looks so cute!" 

"Plants look cute too?" He asked bewildered. 

"Of course they do!"She answered.

"Anika I need tomatoes, my gravy needs it." Her mother's voice came from the kitchen. Anika sighed. "Fine, I will buy them and be back." She screamed and turned to Shivaay, "would you like to come tomato shopping?" Shivaay who was totally astounded by how two ladies could literally take the roof off by their mere conversation nodded.

"Have you ever gone vegetable shopping?" She asked as they walked down the road to the nearest vegetable vendor. It was approximately a ten-minute walk.

"Nah." He answered.

"Grocery shopping?" She asked curiously and he nodded in a negative again. "You haven't bought basic necessities ever?" She asked sort of shocked.

"I have. I have bought lands, startups. They bring me money...a basic necessity to buy other necessities." Anika giggled as he grinned evidently proud of his answer. "You're like from a different world!" She exclaimed walking ahead to select the tomatoes.

As they walked back Anika finally asked, "so what's up in your life these days? How is Mallika?"

Shivaay smiled as she mentioned Mallika. "She's doing good. My company signed her as the head architect for an upcoming project. She's too good at it. I have been to her project sites. There's a modern era touch, with comfort. And her office,  that's a must be to place. Like literally it's the coolest office I have ever seen across the globe."

"Sounds amazing!" Anika muttered putting up a smile. "What about you...I mean the guy you were seeing. Ahh.." he pretended he didn't remember the name.

"Varun? Oh, he is fine." Anika answered.

"So, did it click?"

His question made Anika a little curious as to why he wanted to know. Nonetheless, she decided to be honest. "Not really. Honestly, I  think I am not yet ready for entering a relationship."