Chapter 13 : Confusing Proximity

(Edited- I wonder how you all read this one! It had major typos. )

"Anika!" Shivaay called out as he ran to caught up with her. "Where are you running away?" He asked holding her wrist. "Nowhere!" Anika replied not meeting his eyes. "Oh, so it's Omkara's comment!" He spoke as his scrutinizing gaze analyzed the pink hue of her cheeks. 

"No!" Anika muttered trying to put up a smile. 

He grinned and tugged at her hand. She totally wasn't expecting it which landed her closer to him. Before she knew his hands were on her waist. "Shivaay!" She mumbled shocked at the proximity while her heartbeat rate escalated. Her hand rested on his shoulders to keep their chests from touching. Needless to mention that her cheeks were burning up in red.

"I never thought you'd be so shy. I mean you are so bold, outgoing, uncaring about what people think, doing everything the way you want to do it, not giving a damn to the rules... I never saw it coming that you'd be so shy." He whispered the last word. His gaze flickered to her lips which were now clearer in his view, a couple of times.

"Shivaay.." Anika exclaimed uncomfortably trying to wriggle out of the closeness. "Shhh, do you trust me?"

"I do but this..is a little...too much...too fast.," Anika muttered extremely conscious of their closeness. "Move away.." she requested. His gaze bore into hers. "Why?" He challenged. 

"Please...it will be awkward if someone sees us like this." That was the only justification Anika could come up with. "Really now?" He asked amused stepping back. "My room is a few steps from here." Anika looked at him shocked and he took the perfect opportunity to wink. Fluttered, Anika stepped away looking hither thither. "I will leave.." 

"No," Shivaay said quickly wondering if he had crossed the line. Although he enjoyed every bit of it. She looked up at him. "I need to discuss a few things...come on!" He spoke stretching out his hand. She hesitated. He blinked sighing, "I will keep distance if you prefer so." He spoke giving her his charming smile. She smiled placing her hand in his. He tugged a little at it playfully as they walked and then chuckled when she reacted by swiftly turning in his direction. "Anika, you aren't supposed to be so shy!" He whined as they entered his study.

He was about to shut the door but paused. He let it be open. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. He turned around to find her looking at him with a soft curve. As though she noted his small thoughtful act. "Thanks!" She muttered when he passed by her to sit on the table. 

"For?" He asked quickly.

She stared at him. She shouldn't have said this. She thought momentarily then glanced at him. "For not closing the door. For understanding that I am still not comfortable..being with you."

He smiled at her honest answer. "You know, that's the best thing I find about you."

Anika gaped at him taken aback. "...that I am not comfortable?" She asked dumbstruck.

"Ah, No. Not that. Not at all." Shivaay fumbled with words. "I mean your honesty. People nowadays can't be honest with themselves and you.. are very unique when it comes to that." He pressed a smile.

"Thanks for the compliment." She smiled teasingly. 

He grinned, "finally, I thought you didn't know how to react to compliments. All you knew was to blush and go into I-am-shy mode."

Anika gaped momentarily and then grinned. "I don't."

"Oh, you do. And you do most of the time. At least of the time, you're with me. Tomorrow leave your shyness at home." He suggested.