Chapter 7 : Wedding On The Cards?

"Hey!" Shivaay greeted her sitting beside her.

"Hi!" She smiled taking a moment to admire how good he looked. He seemed so perfect. Although the thought of a perfectionist was scary, she appreciated it.

"I can't believe you are actually taking me grocery shopping." He vocalized his thoughts as they entered the supermarket.

Anika giggled, "This was my duty this month."

Shivaay turned in her direction, "you and your mom take turns every month?"Anika nodded in a yes pulling out a trolley cart.

"So do you have a list or something?" He asked looking around. People were giving him looks. He wondered why.

"The list is here," Anika spoke drawing a horizontal line over her forehead with her index finger.

"Umm, what if this list misses out something?" He spoke and without even realizing his finger drew a line over her forehead just like she had.

"A second trip then!" She answered, a weird sensation filling her thoughts. His touch had somehow made her feel awkward. 

"So, umm, you said you wanted to talk about something?" He kick-started the conversation. At first he thought that she would say a yes, but when she asked him to join at the supermarket, he began having doubts. 

"Yeah, actually--"

"Excuse me for cutting you off," he spoke leaning closer to her. "Do I look weird, something wrong? Why are people looking at me?" He whispered his lips near her face while his eyes looked at the lady who was giving him a scrutinizing gaze.

Anika chuckled, "it's not everyday a man dressed in Armani three-piece suit comes grocery shopping to a moderate supermarket." She answered smilingly. His eyeballs rotated in her direction. Damn, so close! He pulled back nodding and quickly removed his coat and placed in the shopping cart.

Anika stared at him. To her own surprise she had this urge to take her time and run her eyes over his shirt.

"Is that better?"

She nodded looking away at the rack.

"So, what's the agenda behind me being here?" Shivaay prompted once again as they strolled ahead.

"To make you used to it." She answered a smile threatening to appear on her face.

"Okay, but.." he stopped abruptly sinking in her words. "Is that a yes?" He asked aloud baffled.

Anika smiled turning to him, placing her right hand on the cart. "I guess so. I mean. I like you too!" She explained a little nervously.

"You do?" He asked bewildered and a charming smile appeared. Before Anika could even expect his arms were around her. Her hold on the handle of the shopping cart tightened. Damn, his scent, his embrace. It was messing with her mind. 

It was preternatural. She could feel his palms on her back. His sudden expression of affection caused her to blush. "Shivaay." She said softly and he immediately pulled away. What was he even thinking? He had got so excited by her oddly worded confession that he had ended up hugging her.

"Oh, I was just.." he fumbled with words sheepishly. Anika smiled, "happens!" 

"God, I am so excited aren't you?" He asked her elated. "I am. But it's not like I am marrying you right away. I think we have a long way until then, don't we?" Her words drowned his excitement. However he was so happy. He smiled and looked ahead. Anika giggled and soon enough he was chuckling.