• Bonus Scene •

Anika looked up when she heard his footsteps. They were slow and heavy. A look at his face and she knew he had an exhausting day. "Hey," she smiled.

His gaze lifted off his phone and fell on her. The corner of his lips lifting briefly. "Hey, beautiful!" He greeted and the corner of his lips tugged down as he sat on the bed.

Anika's eyes didn't go away from him. On the contrary to him, she had had a relaxed day at work. Fridays were always easy for her. She raised herself up and moved forward on her knees, closer to him. Her arm snaked around his arm, her palm resting on his chest. She pressed a kiss on his neck. His hand quickly reached up to caress his wife's hand. "Had a tough day?"

"Yeah," he muttered.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked, her lips inches away from his ear. Anika instantly had the message that his day was worse than she imagined. Over months of knowing him, Anika had picked up the subtle hints that gave away what was on his mind. 

"No, just the regular. I need a shower." He spoke getting off the bed. Anika respected his decision. There was a way to deal with him. She had got accustomed to being a perfect fit to him. She watched as he took off his shirt grabbed his towel and walked into the washroom very evidently lost in his thoughts. The bathroom door clicked open minutes later. Anika didn't bother to look up from her laptop screen. 

"Anika, sorry," he muttered walking over to the bed with just a towel draped around his torso glistening with water.

Anika looked up with a smile playing on her lips. "You know you don't have to," she spoke placing aside her laptop.

He sat on the bed staring at her.

"You seem really off today. Should I be worried?"

"Will that make you stay the weekend with me?" He asked tossing a smile at her.

"Oh Shivaay, not again. Only one weekend in three weeks is what I give to camps..."

"I was kidding," he spoke cutting her off, his hand reaching for hers.

Anika scooted closer to him. "Shivaay, what's the matter?"

"The Mittals backed out from the deal in the last minute. That son..."

"Language," Anika prompted.

Shivaay looked at Anika cross. "I am going to say all the bad words for that stupid Pankaj Ahuja!" 

"He's a poisonous snake," he muttered under his breath.

Anika smiled, "So a snake got you so worked up huh?"

"It's my months of work going down the drain," he mumbled looking away, his hands making their way to his hair. 

"How about you put on some clothes and then I give you a good head massage?" Anika asked rhetorically walking to his cupboard, pulling out his tracks and a cotton tshirt. She tossed it his way. 

"Underwear too," he muttered.

She smiled to herself, pulling out the bright pink boxers she had once used to prank him. "Here you go," she spoke curling it up into a ball and tossing it his way.

"Are you serious?" He muttered looking at the bright pink garment that he had caught.  It would give a barbie's dress a run for it's money.

"It would look nice on you," Anika teased.

Shivaay looked up at her, "Sweetheart, no pink fantasies ever!" He tossed it back at her. Anika grinned noticing the smile that had made it up her face. Oh she could give anything for that smile. Damn, she was in too deep in his love.