Chapter 47 : Sparkling Intimacy

Don't forget to vote on this chapter and the previous ones! 

--------

It had been more than eight months to their wedding. Things were good. Anika's fondness for Shivaay only deepened with time. He was a terrific package - a sweet guy at home, a no-nonsense businessman at the office, and an ardent lover in the bedroom. Anika had no complaints whatsoever. He would occasionally surprise her by picking her up after work. At times he'd help her by eating the ladyfingers and brinjals from her plate when Pinky wasn't looking. There were days when Anika would actually sneak out of the mansion and put sabzis she didn't like into his lunch tiffin and take the other gravy she liked into hers. He would scold her but wait patiently for her to carry out her stupid swap. Anika's list wouldn't find an end.

She was laying on the couch in the living hall. It was past twelve in the night. She was waiting for her husband. Shivaay had left for a week-long business conference in London. He had wanted to take her along but Anika had her own work commitments. Lately, she had been banking on her leaves so that she could take a ten-day break all at once. She had been planning a perfect family vacation with Pinky on the side.

"Hey, gorgeous!" her favorite voice made her sit up immediately. She placed the book on the table and rushed to hug him. He smiled immediately taking her into a bone-crushing hug, not bothering that her impact made him strain his back.

"I missed you so much," Anika mumbled kissing his cheek tightening her arms around him. 

Shivaay smiled fondly. Oh, how he missed this one person! He closed his eyes placing a kiss on her cheek.

Anika pulled away after the longest five minutes. "You ate dinner?"

"Yes, on the plane!" He answered turning around to instruct the security guard to take the bags up to his room. He turned back to her once the person was moving up the stairs. He pulled her back into his embrace and placed his lips on her.

Anika was quick in responding to it. She parted her lips, inviting him to explore. They broke the kiss quickly, smiling at each other. Anika leaned again quickly to capture his lips, he smiled letting her. No words helped them to express how happy each was to see the other. After the brief kiss, he took the remaining bags up while Anika took his laptop bag and coat. 

"Everyone's asleep?"

"Yes," Anika answered beaming at him. She was truly elated to see him again. It seemed as though it had been months.

Once the guard was gone and Anika had instructed the servant to lock the doors she returned to the room shutting the door. He had washed up and now sat on the bed. She walked up and stood between his legs cupping his face. His lips curved up and he tilted his face up, his arms locking around her waist. She simply looked on smiling softly. 

"I missed you too!" He said and pulled her to sit on his lap. Anika leaned closer kissing his lips gently. He moaned pulling her closer, deepening the kiss. His one hand around her waist to support her and the other holding her face. Anika had never felt so ready for him. However, she knew he'd be tired after that long flight. She broke away, "how was your flight?" She asked getting off his lap and sitting beside him. 

"Tiring!" He answered stretching his leg, while looking at her. He just couldn't have enough of her sight. He was finally home to her. 

"Let's sleep," she mumbled leaning to kiss his forehead while her hand reached out to ruffle his hair. 

"I need a shower. I can't sleep without that!" He spoke getting off the bed. "In the meanwhile, could you please text Harish to push the meeting that's scheduled for tomorrow evening to the day after. I think I need a day off." He spoke handing her his phone. He walked to his cupboard and pulled out his nightclothes and a fresh towel.