Chapter 3 : The Dinner

Shivaay looked at his phone for the sixth time in four minutes. He tapped his fingers on the table looking around. She should be here at any moment. 

Anika smiled at the footman who opened the door for her. She curled her fingers into the palm of her hand, not even feeling them dig in. She took a deep breath and looked at the table numbers hanging high above the tables fastened to golden chains. Her eyes settled on the digit seven written in a pretty script. Soon her lips pursed as she saw a couple at the table. Wasn't it seven? She walked towards the table while simultaneously swiping her phone screen to look at the text message again.

"Anika?" She heard someone call her name. She froze on spot and taking a deep breath turned around to see who had called her. Her eyes fell on a handsome man with dazzling oceanic blue eyes. He looked familiar, she felt like she had seen him before. His face appeared handsome with the stubble neatly kept. She walked forward as he stood, maintaining a smile on his pinkish lips.

"Hi!" Anika said, a little awkwardly rather.

"Hi!" He spoke, his voice was soft. He extended his hand towards her. She smiled forwarding her hand. He shook her hand. The sudden warmth that transferred to her hand made her pull back quickly.

"I thought it was table seven.." She began speaking casually.

"Yeah. Was supposed to be that. Umm. But the couple requested a swap."

"Oh!" She said sitting on the chair while he sat on the couch attached to the wall. She quickly pulled away from her gaze from him to the table and surroundings not wanting to gawk at him. He was a good looking man. Far more good looking than she expected if she was, to be honest. But she didn't forget, he was rich as well. Rich and good looking didn't necessarily mean spoilt but well it typically was that way.

Shivaay was amazed at the beauty before him. Clearly, the picture sent to him was captured by a pathetic photographer who could make the best look average. She had beautiful almond-shaped eyes. Not to forget those beautiful eyelashes that flickered when she looked away. Shivaay took the opportunity of her lack of attention on him and stared at her long neck that led down to her bounty bosom. He couldn't look away, the tight-fitting deep red kurti highlighted her womanly assets. God, not already! He chided his thoughts, it had been only a minute and his mind was playing a bad boy.

There were three things that needed to be ticked for a Yes from him. Looks, Character, and Compatibility. The first on the list had already been ticked. He smiled looking at her. His gaze was weirdly attracted to her lips.

She looked at him to find him smiling at her. His smile transformed to what almost seemed like a humorous grin. She wondered if she looked funny. She ran her hand from the side to the back of her neck, awkwardly. The waiter came and placed a menu card before them. When that grin still didn't wipe off from his face, Anika decided to question. "What is it? Ahh, do I look funny or something?"

He chuckled. "No. Guess, you don't recollect."

"Recollect what?"

"We have seen each other before."

"Oh, have we?" Anika asked uncertainty gripping her. His face especially the lower half did look familiar.

"Yup. Today afternoon, you ran into me, literally." He grinned as his eyes sparkled with mirth. He looked adorable, she thought.

"Oh, Oh. Right. The man in the sidewalk in sunglasses, that was you. No wonder I thought I had seen you before. I am so sorry. I was in a hurry and.."