Chapter 8 : Laughter and Smiles

Anika looked around. There was barely any rush in the restaurant. They were at an Italian restaurant tonight. "The interiors have been done pretty well." Shivaay nodded in agreement, "fair enough for the name." 

She glanced at him nodding. "Oh, before I forget, I will be leaving tomorrow for a medical camp. It's just Monday to Friday." She explained. 

"I thought you have a job." He remarked slightly disappointed with the news. Here, he wanted to spend his every single day with her and she was running away. 

"I did, but no longer. I resigned." He looked at her shocked.

She smiled, "relax, I already have bagged a job in the marketing division of Lakme."

"Lakme?" He asked pleasantly surprised, "Wow, so is this you treating me?" He joked. 

"Good idea. Treat is on me!" She grinned.

"I was kidding!" He justified.

"Come on, be a sport, I know you are the Shivaay Singh Oberoi and..."

"I am accepting the treat." He spoke looking squarely at her, cutting her off.

She giggled exclaiming, "You gave up too quickly." 

"I try to be a gentleman!" He smiled replying rather flirtatiously. Little was he aware that it was totally working. Anika had this weird feeling inside her. It was as though she felt lighter, happier and as though she was expanding when she was with him. Damn, was this it? The bliss her mother spoke about? It started making sense now.

"How about champagne?"

Anika's eyes widened. "Ahh, no. You are driving..so no way."

His eyes crinkled at the corners. A small smile made it to his face with her reply. Such a typical wife-like reply. "You don't drink?"

"I have never tried." She answered honestly. They paused their conversation as the waiter placed their order. "I remember having a sip of wine. Mom likes grapes and hence wine. I spat it out, like literally, on mom's favorite cushion cover. She was so upset that day. She never tried offering again!" Anika grinned.

He chuckled and leaned forward to speak. "The second time I got literally drunk. Omkara was the sober one that night. Omkara swears that I told him that Cameron Diaz was my girlfriend and that we were in a secret relationship." He shared his crazy drunken memory, to which Anika giggled. "Although I think that was Knight And Day effect. I had seen that movie the day before." He added shaking his head while laughing.

"You like that movie too? I love that movie. Tom Cruise is like ultimate in that movie. So smart and handsome. Oh, and that airplane scene. Damn, totally had me gawking at the screen. Also, the chase scene where he says hi to the little boy on the bus. It totally stole my heart. He's amazing!"

Shivaay nodded grinning widely at the vivid description she presented of her favorite actor. "A fan of action movies, huh?" He asked chewing the pasta.

"Totally! Especially when it has Tom Cruise." She grinned cheekily.

He smiled, "what about romantic movies?" 

"Once in a while, they are okay. I prefer action, suspense, mild thrillers. No horror. Good comedies once in a while." She spoke totally interested and he couldn't help but admire the sparkle in her eyes. "What about you?" She asked.

"Well, very predictably, I like romantic movies." He smirked.

"Damn, I never thought guys liked romance!" She remarked eating a spoonful.