Chapter 24 : Subtle Seduction

Gauri got off the car and walked with Anika inside the huge mansion marveling at the place Anika called home now. The driver followed them with her luggage. Pinky was there to greet them.

"Gauri, that is mom, mom that's Gauri!" Anika introduced looking between the two.

Anika was taken aback when Gauri hugged Pinky. She smiled toothily. "Nice to meet you Aunty!"

"I haven't even spoken yet and you're already feeling nice?" Pinky exclaimed smiling.

"The vibes aunty and Anika has told me a lot about you."

"Really? Now, tell me what Anika has told you about her mother-in-law."

"Sorry, Aunty, that's classified information." Gauri spoke and then leaned towards Pinky whispering, "I can tell you later when we are alone!"

" Gauri, shut up!" Anika protested hugging Pinky. "She's my mom!" Anika kissed her cheek.

"Mrs. Pinky, that's how Anika butters people!" Gauri warned.

"Hey, Bhabhs!" Rudra greeted Anika.

"Hey, Ru! Meet Gauri. Gauri, meet Rudra, my sweet bro-in-law!"

"Hi, Rudra!"

"Hello, Di!" Rudra greeted back. "How was your flight?"

"I slept well!" Gauri answered," now I am hungry!" she added and the other chuckled. She had a very lively aura around her.

"Come on girls, go and quickly freshen up I will get the dinner table set."

"Looking forward to it Aunty!" Gauri beamed as Anika led her up the stairs.

Pinky smiled looking at the two of them which Rudra noted. "You've always wanted girls, right?"

"They fill the home with happiness."

"It's not that we guys spread sadness!" Rudra muttered.

"But, you don't have time for family."

"haww, you're lying Choti Ma! Only yesterday evening, you sent me to buy curd for dinner which is eaten by the family. Logically, I actually spend a lot of time for family..."

"Rudra, shut up. Or you are not getting custard today!"

"You made custard!"

Pinky gave a winning smile.

"You are always right. Girls are more happy things than guys. Come on, let me help you set up the dining table."

"Shaitaan!" Pinky remarked twisting his ear dragging him towards the kitchen.

* * *

"Gauri, here's a towel, brush, soap, shampoo. You take a shower I will go change too."

"God, you give me married women feels. Anyway, where is Jiju?"

Anika looked up smiling. "Must be busy with some business call."

"So boring! He definitely gets negative points for not welcoming me!"

Anika giggled. "Wear something decent and be downstairs for dinner!"

"What do you mean by wear something decent! Not that I plan to wear a bikini," Gauri chuckled.

Anika shook her head. "Don't you think Masters has given you even bigger wings and still bolder mouth?"

"Do you like it, baby?" Gauri asked grinning smugly.

"What did you do to my Gauri?"

"Your Gauri is still here!" Gauri spoke jumping off the bed to hug Anika.