Chapter 27 : Consuming Attraction

Shivaay reached the dining table to find Anika seated beside Gauri. The two of them were laughing and talking to Rudra, while his parents were busy talking about something. He sat on the chair beside the one on which Anika sat. She turned to face him and he noticed the smile she was trying to hide, her eyes twinkling. He held back his own smile as she filled his plate with food.

"Thanks", he muttered placing his left hand on her thigh. Anika's smile wavered and her gaze dropped to his hand momentarily before she looked away towards Gauri and Rudra. Shivaay smirked glad that Miss Tsunami was busy taking his brother's class.

Shivaay had both his elbows on the table, as he focused on his food. The entire time his thoughts were on his wife. He inched his left foot closer to her right foot underneath the table. There his foot rubbed against her cold foot. She shifted in the chair not sparing a glance his way. Keeping up a blank expression on his face he began caressing the length of her feet with his toe. She sat still. He smirked deciding to have some fun.

"Anika, all okay? You need something?"

She glanced at him taken aback, aware of everyone's attention on her. His toes reached her ankle. "yeah, nothing" She said stuffing a spoonful of rice inside her mouth.

"So, have you guys decided where you will go for a honeymoon?" Gauri asked turning to them. The two of them looked at her astounded.

"Not yet?" She quizzed.

Anika glared at Gauri. "I just joined work, and Shivaay has work commitments too."

"Yeah!" Shivaay shook his head, what would he do on a honeymoon when he hadn't even got to base two with his wife.

"Come on, you guys can at least pull a three-day getaway, right Aunty?" Gauri suggested hoping Pinky would take charge of the matter from there.

"Yeah," Pinky said thoughtfully looking at Anika and then Shivaay. "You both can take a small trip, as it is the marriage had happened in a rush, and then Shivaay's business travel. You both should at least take a break."

"I agree" Shakti muttered when he felt Pinky's kick on his leg under the table.

"Shivaay book the tickets for next weekend...'

"Mom, I really..."

"No one is asking your opinion. You left for business travel soon after the wedding, the least you can do to make up for it, is, take Anika on a weekend trip."

"yeah, Bhaiya, it's not an exam that you have to take it's a freaking honeymoon." Rudra smirked with mischievous eyes.

"Shut up, Rudra. Focus on your food... I won't let you go before eating the bottle gourd gravy.." Pinky shut up Rudra who made a face.

"It's fine. I think.." Anika began.

"I will book the tickets!" Shivaay cut her off. She snapped her head in his direction and he shrugged with a smile playing on the corner of his lips.

Anika simply focused her attention on the food while Gauri smiled.

* * *

Anika entered the room to find Shivaay seated on the bed using the ipad. He looked up hearing her footsteps. "Where do you want to go?"

"Are you serious?" Anika asked sitting beside him peeping at the screen.

"yeah! And Anika, umm, we can really go on a longer trip if you want. I will adapt my schedule accordingly. I mean that's the least I can do for whatever you've done..."