Chapter 23 : Shedding Diffidence

Anika woke up, once again, to find her husband's leg thrown around her body. She smiled admiring his sleeping face. He looked so innocent and lovable when he was asleep with those pouty pink lips and ruffled hair.

She slowly let her fingers touch his hair. So soft! Her fingers began caressing his hair lightly. She was tempted to thread her fingers through those dense locks. She looked at him. Positively asleep. She let her fingers make their way through his hair. It felt so nice. She did it again. Smiling she leaned forward kissing his forehead. She let a minute pass and adored him, before finally deciding to wake him up. "Shivaay!" She mumbled softly close to his face. He hummed shifting his face, pulling his arm away from her body.

"Wake up!" She spoke softly and notice his lips curl into a smile. His smile was most certainly contagious for her own lips formed into a wide smile.

"I love it, waking up to your voice." He murmured, still not opening his eyes.

"Flirting, first thing in the morning?" Anika questioned grinning.

"Problem?" He asked turning his face in her direction opening his eyes.

Anika smiled, "good morning."

"Let's set some rules. You need to kiss me to wish me good morning." He spoke looking into her brown eyes. Kissing was only level one.

The offer had weirdly just mentioned what Anika wanted to do at the moment. She scooted closer kissing his cheek. He smiled, "time for me to return the greeting!" He spoke kissing her cheek.

"Move.." She prompted him to pull his leg back.

"I don't want to." Shivaay teased locking his leg tighter around her, his knee pressing against her backside.

Anika's cheeks flushed as he stared at her. That look, which she guessed was of desire on his face did crazy things to her. "Please.." a mumble escaped her lips.

"Anika, stop with the 'please' strategy. I thought you could do better than that."

"Shivaay, please.." this time she tried pushing her leg off her but failed.

"Oh, Anika, don't say 'please' that way. It gets dirty stuff into my head."

Anika's eyes widened and she looked away. In one quick move, he was on top of her. Her heart was ramming crazily against her ribs. She felt his hands against hers. He put them above her head pressing them against the pillow. He kissed her jaw moving to her neck. She let out a gasp as hot sensations shot through her body.

"I feel like doing things that'll make you plead to me," he whispered nibbling at her earlobe. " Don't say please again, unless you want me to make you plead more." He issued a warning in her ear getting off her before his body betrayed his mind. Anika tried sinking in his words and actions blushing hard. She pulled her hands down from the pillow and sat up. She realized her tee had ridden downward to give ample view of what lay beneath. She pulled it up at the shoulders staring at the bathroom door. That was definitely hot. Weirdly, she liked that version of him.

Anika walked into the washroom hurriedly once he walked out. Shivaay grinned noticing her chicken-like behavior. He decided to have some more fun. Once she was out she hurried to her cupboard to pull out her garments. She turned to him, he seemed engrossed in his phone.

"Shivaay, do you want to go first?"

Shivaay looked up at her. "No, you can .." he replied, looking back into his phone. Although his attention was on her. He quietly waited for her to pass by him to reach the washroom. When she neared him, he placed his phone on the desk trapping her in his hold.