Chapter 12 : Warm Advances

"How long?" His voice fell into her ears. Anika bit her lower lip pretending she didn't hear. The car came to a halt at the signal and he turned to face her. "Anika, it was awkward. I get that. But you haven't spoken a word to me. It's no big deal!" He was irked that she didn't talk to him. Not even a 'hi'. She was simply nodding and not even meeting his eyes. She turned to him with wide as saucepan eyes. Did he just say no big deal?

"I meant —" he stuttered as she gave him the wide-eyed look. "Look, Anika, what I meant is — that we are getting married. At one point or another, we have to be comfortable with each other. I won't judge you. So, awkward things happen. But it's better we laugh it out and go easy rather than choosing silence." The horns from the vehicles behind the care they were in, made him add no more to that. He ignited the engine moving ahead. 

Anika was thoughtful. She was hyper-aware that he meant the same thing that his mother said. While on the other hand, he made sense to her. She had to get comfortable with him like she was with her mother, perhaps even more. She was going to spend the entire life she had ahead with him. If she wasn't comfortable with him, her life would be rendered uncomfortable. "Okay"! She finally uttered.

He smiled. "By the way that was a sexy show!" Anika's cheeks turned to heated furnaces. Yet again, her eyelids moving away, widening her eyes. She heard him chuckle. Audacity! 

"Anika, you are as red as a beetroot." He commented which only resulted in more heat pooling on her cheeks.

"Focus on driving!" She muttered when she felt his gaze on him. She caught a glimpse of him through the corner of her eyes. He was grinning while she grimaced.

When the car came to a halt at the designer boutique, Anika was finally relieved. Now she could get out of the small constricted place. However, before she could move a limb he shifted closer snapping the seatbelt that had kept him in place. Anika parted her lips feeling suddenly warm at his proximity. 

His fingers traced the seatbelt across her body steadily making away downwards to the buckle. "You should learn to own up compliments. By the way, you look even better when you blush." His voice was husky. Somehow, Anika felt her insides growing mushy at that. "And — no more acting like a stranger around me. Warm-up to me Anika." His voice was suddenly gentle. He released the seat belt gently. His fingers then tenderly tucking her hair behind her ear. "I promise, to never be the reason for your disappointment or sorrow." He concluded that by placing a kiss on her cheek. 

Anika was breathless. She quickly got out of the car still not over the moment. She felt his hand slip into hers. "This way.." he guided her into the building. The entire time Anika was only physically there. Mentally and emotionally she was still inside the car, with him so close to her. She could still feel the warmth of his proximity. 

"Anika, this is Viren Chandani," Shivaay spoke introducing her to the designer.

"And you're to-be-Mrs.SSO." the guy spoke giving her a sweet smile. "I must say, lucky girl." He grinned. Anika plastered a smile. "I can't wait to show you both the brand new wedding collection." The guy spoke leading them into another room. Anika couldn't help but look around. Every piece was unique and beautiful, although with a lot of glimmering. 

Pieces after pieces that the designer showed them left Anika spellbound. The dresses were like the ones those models wore at fashion shows and in magazines. "This one — I think will suit your complexion." The designer spoke revealing a deep red lehenga with golden zari work. She felt Shivaay's gaze on her. "It's beautiful!" She reacted cordially while her eyes rested on Shivaay's.