Chapter 37 : Cherishing Togetherness

Shout out to all those who commented on the last chapter. It reached 350+ comments with all the sarcasm, humor, and thoughtful conversations. I think the last time it was on KAI that so much discussion had happened. Happy that you're all enjoying this story!

--------------

Anika shifted in her sleep hearing the alarm on her phone. She frowned and opened her eyes to find her naked husband sleeping beside her. Her heart filled with an overwhelming sensation. The alarm, however, broke her gaze. She turned and didn't find her phone. Where the hell was her phone?

She looked around the room to spot the carelessly discarded clothes. Her eyes widened noticing the expensive dress scattered over the floor. Next to it was her sling. She yawned getting off the bed, running to the sling. She kneeled on the floor quickly dismissing her phone's alarm. Her necklace slipped out. She was glad she had removed it and the earrings during their drive back home. She got to her feet and limped towards her cupboard. She quickly slipped on a nightie and sat back on the bed. Where was the bracelet? She panicked searching the contents of her purse. Fudge! She lost a diamond bracelet!

"Shivaay," she called placing her hand on her husband over the duvet. "Shivaay, wake up please!" She hollered panicked. 

Shivaay yawned opening his eyes a little. "What's the time?"

"Forget the time, Shivaay. There's a problem." Anika muttered shifting so that she was sitting beside him. "Wake up..." she shook him.

"What problem?" He murmured turning and sleeping on his abdomen.

"The bracelet Shivaay. The one I was wearing yesterday. I can't find it." Anika hoped he wouldn't get mad at her.

"It must be somewhere, let's sleep for some more time."

"Shivaay, it is not around. I don't even remember removing it. Can you, please, wake up? It was studded with diamonds."

"Anika!" He muttered annoyed sitting up against the headboard of the bed. Anika looked at him in hope, as he rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms. He looked at her, "what?"

"The bracelet Shivaay! It's not in my purse. I don't remember removing it." She spoke grimly.

Shivaay looked around. "It's okay, don't panic over it."

"Are you kidding me? It was a freaking diamond bracelet. I told mom there's no point wearing it. She's going to be so disappointed. How expensive was it?" Aniak looked up at him with worry written all over her face. Shivaay looked at her thoughtfully. He recollected the events of the last night. She definitely didn't have it on when they entered the room. She didn't have it on when she was untying the bowtie as well. 

"Oh, Anika it's in my coat's pocket," He answered recollecting the time when they were talking to the hosts of the party. "It actually had unlocked when you were giving the flowers. I had taken it off and slipped it in my pocket."

Anika sighed in relief, "you should have told me about it!" Anika muttered getting off the bed to pick up his coat that lay abandoned on the chair. "Found it!" She declared happily.

"Yayy! Can I sleep now?" Shivaay muttered sinking back onto the bed. He had barely pulled the bed cover over him when his phone rang. "Anika, can you please shut that thing!" He muttered annoyed.

Anika took his phone from the coat and looked at him, "it's from Harish."

"Why is he annoying me on a Saturday? Decline it." He muttered and Anika obeyed. No sooner than she had a message popped up on the screen.