Chapter 48 : A New Chapter

Many of you missed voting on the last chapter. Do vote if you liked it! ♡

____________

It was New Year's eve and the entire Oberoi family was seated together after dinner chatting and waiting for the clock to strike twelve. Mrs. Talwar and Gauri had joined the celebration. Rudra had arranged for a few games. So currently they were on the second round of Antakshri. Shivaay had conveniently teamed up with his wife saying he wasn't good at songs and lyrics.

They all sat on the mattress laid out on the floor. He sat behind her while the others laughed and sang the two were involved in a secret touch game. Shivaay smiled leaning over her shoulder listening to his mother sing a song. When he saw that no one was looking he placed a soft kiss on his wife's neck. Anika casually glanced at him meeting his eyes. He gave her a smooth challenging smile. Anika looked away and stealthily placed her palm on his thighs. She tightened her grip. Then quickly turned her head around as much as she could to place a kiss on his cheek. However, in haste it landed on his lips. She blushed, turning to the front. 

Shivaay's lips formed into a wide upward curve. The cushion next landed on Anika's lap. Anika looked up, and everyone's eyes were on her. "H" was what she got. "Come on Anika, you can do it!" Shivaay encouraged while Anika tried racing her mind to find a song that hadn't been sung yet. Her mind was too lost feeling the lingering touch of his lips. 

"Come on sing your favorite song.." he whispered. 

Anika frowned turning to him, "Which favorite?"

He smiled leaning still closer, placing his lips close to her ears. He raised his palm to cover his lips from anyone's view. "The same one you stood on a chair and sang aloud wearing your mother's dupatta as wings!" He whispered and Anika's jaw dropped. He quickly tugged her earlobe with his teeth before backing off.

"How did you know about that?" Anika asked staring at him bewildered.

"Umm, your mom and I were seeing some old pics the other day." He shrugged. 

"Mumma, you told him?" Anika asked turning to her mother.

"Yeah, just like that," Mrs. Talwar shrugged, "Rudra, start the count down." She told Rudra to distract Anika.

Rudra began counting down, "Anika, sing!" Shivaay said tapping on her shoulder.

Anika quickly sang a few lines of Hawa Hawai while others giggled. "Now, tell us what was the story behind that?" Pinky asked curiously.

"Nothing," Anika spoke passing the cushion to Rudra.

"Come on, Bhabhi, tell us ...Aunty why don't you.." Rudra turned towards Mrs. Talwar.

"Well, Anika used to love this song when she was a kid. She does even now. So she used to wear my dupatta as wings and then stand up on a chair and sing that song while jumping down."

Anika looked embarrassed, "I was what... Ten!" 

Everyone laughed. 

"How about a demo for old time's sake?" Tej chuckled.

"Oh yes, Come on Anika!" Pinky smiled.

"Bhabhi, did you even set your hair and wear a funny tiara as Sridevi had in that song?"

"Shut up, Ru!" While everyone else laughed. She looked down feel an arm around her. She quickly turned to find him smiling. "All because of you!"

"Hey, what did I do? Now guys, come on, let's get on with the game. Enough of teasing Hawa Hawi, I mean my wife!" He grinned. She drove her elbow backward to nudge him at the ribs.