Chapter 25: Fervent Temptation

Shivaay lay awake on his bed. Anika left him all bothered lately. The sexual tension between them had only become thicker and denser than before. She left him so desperate. His nights were filled with wild thoughts. He was beginning to get fond of her inexperience, it surely was a major turn on. He sighed, what about her did not turn him on? Freaking everything did. If only Gauri did not have stupid sleepover plans with his wife, he was sure there would be some progression between Anika and him.

Minutes later he got off the bed. Sleep was away. He was just having thoughts, thoughts, and thoughts. He decided to work for some time to get his brain overworked so it only slept and did no dirty thinking.

* * *

"Anika, please, you really think I am going to buy that. It's coming to be almost a month to your wedding and you're telling me that you both have only got to kissing." Gauri exclaimed as the lay on the bed chewing strawberries that Gauri had bought for them.

"Seriously!"

"Come on, you've known him for months. And I definitely count your marriage as love. So there has to be more than just kissing." Gauri pointed out.

"It was very much arranged."

"You rejected that and you eventually went for a love marriage!"

"It wasn't love marriage. It was just – I don't know what to even call it – just that feeling that you were letting go, someone, you could have a strong connection with."

Gauri's lips curled up, she turned to face Anika, "So the connection hasn't been established yet?" She asked cheekily.

Anika rolled her eyes to see Gauri's waggling eyebrows. "Shut up!"

"He's totally into you!" Gauri muttered putting her head back on the pillow.

Anika sat up and took a strawberry. "What's up with you, you can't be looking that hot and not have boys around your finger. "

Gauri chuckled, "I don't want a relationship. I am happy with myself."

Anika smiled, "I used to live with that motto!"

"And one look at Jiju and your motto was out of the planet!"

"Shut up!" Anika blushed.

"Oh my God, madam is in blush mode."

"Umm, Gauri," Anika wondered if she should actually talk to Gauri about her nervousness and anxiety when it came to intimacy.

"Tell me, I am listening."

"Nothing, let's sleep."

Gauri sat up holding her hand, "Is everything okay? You know, right, you can tell me."

"It's overwhelming!" Anika sighed.

"What is so overwhelming?" Gauri asked looking at her observantly.

Anika looked at her uncomfortably. "When he comes close." She breathed out.

Gauri thankfully didn't laugh or tease she silently waited for her to go on.

"I mean, I like him and everything. It's just that when I think of opening up to him completely... it's just scary."

"You trust him, right?" Gauri asked slightly confused.

"I do!" Anika's reply was swift.

"Then it shouldn't be a problem. Trust me initially you feel that weirdness. But in minutes it leaves. The first time is, well, painful and embarrassing at times, but after that, trust you'll be the one wanting for more!"