Chapter 39 : Reality Checks

Anika walked up to her mother who looked at her impatiently. "They're are talking," Anika informed her.

Her mother nodded. "How has the therapist office been?"

Her mother smiled, " Gauri and I enjoy being there, it's just a very nice cozy place. You tell me, how is work? Did you cover another new village?"

Anika nodded in no, " I haven't volunteered for anything after marriage. I just don't get time. Plus work is sort of hectic."

"What about your helpline?" Her mother asked.

"Haven't been doing anything there too," Anika answered.

"Anu, are you okay?" Her mother asked concerned.

Anika smiled at her mother, "Yes, I am." She gave her a hug, "let's eat something, I am hungry."

"You didn't like the cake?" Her mother asked.

"It wasn't chocolate," Anika pouted.

Her mother giggled, "nothing can be done of you,"

They settled on two chairs with their plates. "Anika, try this," her mother spoke raising the spoon of soup."

"Mumma, it hot and sour, I don't like it."

"Anu, try, it's different"

Even though she didn't want to try it she did. She missed her mom feeding her. "Just because you are feeding," she murmured and her mom grinned. 

"Like it?"

"It's different..."

"I know, they forgot they were making hot and sour. It's anything but sour." Her mother commented, raising a croquette to her lips. Anika smiled eating. "That's yum,"

"It's just loaded with cheese and deep-fried," her mother answered taking a bite. "Do you still do yoga and exercise or no time for that too?"

"No time," Anika said sheepishly. Did she really have to work out? Shivaay made her sweat enough.

"Anu, join that gym in your office. You need to work out or you'll become a potato."

"Mumma!" Anika whined disappointed.

"Yeah, now you say Mumma. Now it's only me later it will be Gauri and Shivaay telling you you've put on. Don't come ranting to me."

"I am not fat," Anika spoke annoyed.

"Yes, you are not. You're healthy. But if you continue doing nothing to help your body remain healthy you'll be fat and cranky like typical aunties."

"Please, I have your genes." Anika pointed out smartly.

"You do, and I spend at least an hour doing yoga and an hour for meditation," Mrs. Talwar answered.

"Fine, I will start with yoga again Boss, at least feed me today," she muttered opening her mouth. Her mother smiled feeding her.

"Mom, where's Anika?" Shivaay asked unable to trace his wife after he had left to attend a call. 

"Your wife is currently being her mother's girl." Pinky smiled adoring the mother-daughter duo from a distance. Shakti and she always wanted a girl but sadly she couldn't conceive after Shivaay's delivery. Shivaay's gaze followed his mother's. He smiled seeing his wife smiling and making cute faces talking to her mother. It felt nice to see her happy. 

"I can't remember the last time I fed you like that!" Pinky spoke admiring her daughter-in-law. 

Shivaay glanced at his mother. "How does it matter?"