Part 2: Change || Ch 35 || Clan

Sarada's pov:

We didn't talk the whole time while we were reading the diary. It had started. This was how it all had begun, Haru had met someone from the Otsutsuki clan. The same diamond shaped seals had appeared on her body, just like the one Boruto had.

I turned my head to watch the blonde while he was perfectly still, making my heart ache.

"Boruto...", I murmured and he finally moved.

Our eyes met, the crystal-blue colour had faded, he looked tired, as if he wasn't himself anymore, as if he was feeling everything that was written in the diary.

As if he had been there himself, feeling the pain and loss.

"Let's...just continue...we need to know more about the Jougan..."

His voice was trembling as he spoke and I gulped. I wasn't used to see Boruto showing weakness. He was always so cheerful, trying to never show what he really felt.

I nodded and we shifted our attention back to the diary. The neat handwriting had changed to a messy one, the lines showing desperation and confusion. We continued reading:

During the training I couldn't infuse chakra. It was as if something else was feeding on it, making me weaker and weaker. I can't talk about it to anyone, if someone found out that the head of the Sarutobi clan was sick they would look down on us. I can't risk my clan seeming vulnerable.

I need to do something.

What is happening to me?

I should ask Mito-chan. She can sense chakra the best. Maybe she can help.

"Mito?", Boruto asked making me look up and think as well.

"I think she means Uzumaki Mito.", Mitsuki's snake whispered and we both turned around in shock.

"Uzumaki?", Boruto murmured quietly.

"She was the first Hokage's wife. The Uzumaki clan is known to sense chakra very well. You could almost say they are chakra experts."

"So that's why Haru asked Mito-san.", I concluded.

As much as I understood that reading the diary was necessary it hurt me seeing Boruto like this. It looked as if his state was worsening page by page.

"Let's continue."

Another chakra nature had mixed with mine. It was everywhere. Mito-chan was barely able to see my own chakra. It was strong, stronger than what she had ever seen. Even though she was the Nine-Tails' Jinchuuriki she herself didn't have that much chakra.

"It reminds me of the Kyuubi's chakra but yours is maybe a hundert times stronger.", was what she had said to me.

• • •

Dreams or...visions haunt me. Each night I wake up covered in sweat, confused whether what I had seen would happen tomorrow or were only my imagination playing tricks with me. But that isn't the strangest thing. She was talking to me. Otsutsuki...I saw her again in a dream.

Is she inside me? Is she causing this?

I feel like losing myself...who am I...

I forgot so many things. I can't remember my past.

People started to notice. I need this to stop before rumors will spread.