Part 1: Control || Ch 17 || Heart

3rd's pov (Time: unknown):

"Are you really sure about that?", the girl asked emotionlessly while looking at the boy who was slowly dying in front of her.

"Yeah..."

"We could end this way easier. We could prevent all of this. But you insist on letting him live?"

"You would do the same thing. Every life is worth it."

"This life you want to protect will bring destruction to everything. He will be the end of the shinobi. And still you insist on letting him live."

"He can change. We just have to try more. There is always a future where we can have this happy end."

"There aren't many."

"But there is at least one. Please. Promise me. Promise me that even if I forget, you will remind me of my vow. Promise me that if I lose my way I won't destroy anything in what I believe in. Promise me...that if I go back you will protect them even if you have to protect them from myself.", he was coughing badly, it was time for him to go.

"Alright. I promise. I will kick your butt if you annoy me though."

"That's fine. Just...make it work this time."

"It's not my fault it didn't work the previous times. I told you to stop saving them."

"Haru-nee..."

"It's ok. I think...I would have done the same in the past. I just don't remember. I promise I'll help. They will live. I won't let him die. And we will save the world this time. Now sleep well, i will be a while until we see each other again. Until we meet again...
...Uzumaki Boruto-kun."

Slowly the boy's body began to glow until he completely disappeared into light blue fragments. The body was no more as was the world around them. With one last look back the girl stepped inside a black blue portal and disappeared while the world behind her crumbled to pieces.

♪────────────OO────────────♪

Boruto's pov (Time: present):

"Oba-san. This can't be.", I murmured not believing my eyes.

Slowly everything around us changed, the darkness fading and bright light surrounded us.

"Well actually it can. I was just so excited to see you, I just couldn't help myself. Though, your grandfather and I really want you to go back. You shouldn't be here."

"Grandfather...then..."

Slowly another light appeared next to her showing a man with blue eyes and blonde hair just like my father's and mine.

"Minato-jiisan..."

"Another kage bunshin I guess. You look exactly like Naruto.", he smiled making me almost cry as he mentioned my dad.

The dad that was always too busy for me. The dad I wanted to meet again. The dad who was probably going crazy as I was dead. The dad I wanted to hug so badly that it hurt.

"You really can't have a peaceful life, do you? And I really thought that with the Shinobi Alliance formed there isn't anything to fear anymore. More conflict, every era.", Minato-jiisan murmured and I stared at the ground knowing too well that nothing of this was already the end.

"You really sound like an old geezer when you talk like that dattebane."

"K-Kushina...no way..."

"Keep that up and you will embarrass yourself in front of your grandson."

"Ahahah...come to think of it..."

He moved forward and put his hands on my shoulders. After a while he bit his lip and small tears appeared in his eyes as he shouted:

"Why did you draw on my beautiful stone Hokage face??? How could you! It was already hard to watch Naruto drawing on it but you too!"

"J-Jiisan, you are shaking me too much."

I knew that he kinda meant it as a joke but he was still hurt in a kinda funny way. Though shaking me made my stomach roll over instead of feeling guilty.

"Damn it! Stop it already dattebane!"

Kushina-obasan's fist collided with Jii-san's head making him exclaim in pain as I couldn't help myself but laugh. Somehow it reminded me of the stories I had heard about Aunt Sakura hitting my dad. When Ka-san would be angry at my stupid old man she would activate her Byakugan and scare the hell out of us. She wouldn't even need to hit us to be sorry.

"I'm happy...", I murmured making them both stop and look at me, "...that I could meet you both."

As my tears were falling Kushina-obasan walked up to me and embraced me into a comfortable hug. I felt as if nothing could happen to me while I was with her. Minato-jiisan's voice quickly announced that he didn't want to be left out and I felt his arms around me as well.

"Boruto...you aren't alone. No matter where or when. You always have family and friends who support you. Even if you don't see them or hear them...", she whispered and touched my chest, the place where my heart was, with her finger, "... you always carry them in your heart. There isn't even a single moment where you are alone. Always remember this."

As she smiled I felt calm and at peace. She was right. I couldn't give up. I was needed and I needed my friends and family as well.

I could go through anything for them as they would do the same for me.

"Thanks. You two are even cooler than I heard in stories dattebasa!"

"Dattebasa? And it continues to this day.", Minato-jiisan sighed making Kushina-obasan and I laugh.

"That's true. It's an Uzumaki thing dattebane!"

"Exactly! You should try it too, Jii-san!"

"I- I'm not sure... it feels kinda weird...d-dattebayo."

"Ahaha...you sound like Tou-chā!", I laughed as pain rose in my chest and my hand moved right to my heart.

Noticing that I was looking down they smiled sadly knowing exactly what I was thinking.

"It's time to go. Naruto is probably worried sick. As are your friends."

I nodded feeling my tears appearing again.

"Thanks you guys..."

"There is no need to thank us. We are proud of you. We will always be watching over you all. I'm so glad that Naruto has a wonderful family. Even though we can't meet anymore we will always be in your hearts and appear when you need us most. And tell Naruto...", tears were running down Minato-jiisan's cheeks as he continued to speak, "...tell him that we love him. And that we are so happy that he made his dream come true. Tell him..."

His voice trailed off as light began to surround me and I felt new voices ring in my ears. Sad cries filled them and I knew I was going back to the real world. It was time to say goodbye. I shouted back to them and they smiled one last time before everything disappeared in white and the voices of the real world became clearer and clearer as I was waking up.