Part 1: Control || Ch 16 || New voices

Boruto's pov:

The pain continued to spread in my body. Over and over he inflicted new wounds onto my frail skin. I soon wondered why I was still here. Wasn't it boring for him to make me suffer? Maybe not at the beginning but he couldn't continue forever, could he? Stuck here with me and yet this couldn't be what he had planned for ever to go on, right?

After a while I didn't even know who I was trying to convince. Like icy blades being pressed into my skin the pain continued to grow, each time making me scream until I was panting heavily, my lungs burning on the inside. I didn't even know whether I needed air anymore and somehow the process of breathing continued. I knew my heart would be beating like hell and yet it stayed silent even though my chest was bursting under the pressure.

For how long will this continue?

The question rose over and over again. The man who was beating me to satisfy his rage wasn't stopping while I was even unable to speak. My mouth was hit the moment I tried to open it and whisper something even though my voice sounded more like a dying animals last scream. Even if I managed to press out the words he wouldn't be able to understand them.

Is this that will ever happen to me? Is this how my future will be?

Why am I letting myself get manipulated?

Why am I allowing him to do this?

Make him stop. I want him to stop.

STOP IT!

Suddenly I felt a strong wave of energy erupting in front of me making the man getting pushed back with force. He grunted trying to stand up as fury rose inside of me.

I don't deserve this. Who does he think he is? I will make him regret his decision of hurting me. Why in the world would I rely on someone? I have noone. I have only myself. I will kill him.

Again I struggled trying to break the chains and this time they responded to my emotions starting to rumble until the chakra snapped. Slowly I dragged my body to the other man while he was watching me with fear. His expression had changed drastically after looking up into my face. Maybe he didn't expect this from me. Maybe I didn't either:

But I was done.

I was so done with everything.

"That can't be...you can't control it. I should have been the one- I should have-", he stammered trying to move back but with a single motion of my hand he was stuck in his position, frozen to the spot where he had been standing just now.

"You little brat- you can't be the next Jougan user. It isn't possible! We have eradicated it! You can't activate without Otsutsuki blood! You can't control it! I should have been the one! I-"

My hand shot forward covering his mouth as I was annoyed by him muttering pure nonsense. I didn't know whether I was fully myself but I could feel my right eye burning and something in the back of my head stirring. Whether those were my emotions and my thoughts I didn't know but I didn't stop them from coming as they were useful to me.

"You are right. The kid isn't that far yet. But I'm not letting him go yet. It was actually perfect of you to try and control hin. Killing him was the perfect opportunity to come back. Killing the user is the only way to fully activate the Jougan. I had to learn it the hard way.", I told him or the thing living inside me reflecting my feelings.

Even though I again felt a new presence inside of me it didn't show malice as the man in front of me did. Even though he was now looking miserably as if it was the first time he feared something I could feel that inside of him resided pure evil and destruction. He deserved every existing punishment.

"Who are you?", he asked only to be stopped from further talking by my laughter.

"It's too early for the boy to know. I didn't expect to help him that early but it's fine. We have finally reached the first step in changing the future. Finally it's time to act. And it starts with you to disappear."

My hand shot forward piercing his chest making him scream in pain. A bright red chakra ball was flying inside it. In one swift motion I pulled it out making his body fall into the pool of darkness under us, disappearing from my view. The energy was pulsing like a heart itself, it had been a life after all. Like a potatoe I crushed it, absorbing the chakra into my system. Black lines on my body shined in a dim bluish colour before they faded again leaving me in utter darkness.

He was gone.

Relief flashed over me even though I didn't exactly know why. I was happy that he was gone but why? Still none of my questions could be answered.

Who am I? Why were I here? Why did I die? What had happened?

As if the new presence that resided inside of me heard my thoughts a strong pain in my head made me fall on my knees again.

Very well. Let's slowly begin. I will leave this new fate to you...

...Uzumaki Boruto.

As if thunder had hit me memories and emotions filled my empty shell. Like photos and videos they appeared one after another showing my friends, my family and finally myself. The village, the names, my purpose, it all came back at once.

Tou-chā. Ka-chan. Hima.

My friends. Sarada. Mitsuki. Shikadai.

The class, my team and my whole family were slowly getting back to me. Photos that had been on fire before were slowly regenerating as if someone had turned back time.

I have to get back. I have to. I can't stay here.

Rapidly I looked around but to my disappointment I was still alone surrounded by darkness. I had to get back but I was dead. How should I ever come back? Maybe they could heal me in the real world but what if it was too late?

"Damn it...I can't stay here. But I can't get back by myself either.", I murmured, my desperation almost eating me.

"That's true. But maybe I can help."

A new voice behind me appeared, female and wise. I slowly turned and stared in shock as my eyes fell upon the person eliminating the darkness with her kind aura.

"I'm glad to meet you, even though I kinda hoped it wouldn't happen so soon."

"That can't be...no way... Kushina-obasan."