Part 1: Control || Ch 19 || Gone

Boruto's pov:

I was lying on a white bed in a quiet room of the hospital after Aunt Sakura had examined me. Because I had been awake she had been also questioning me though I couldn't answer most of it. My memories had come back but I was still confused and had to sort them out, especially what happened with Momoshiki. I remembered losing control, I remembered attacking my team - which made me sick just thinking about it - and I remembered my crazy encounter with my grandparents.

Some things were still not clear, especially how I came back and how I had defeated Momoshiki once and for all. How I knew that it had been the last time I would see Momoshiki? That was still a mystery, though I was just sure of it. But something else had stayed the same: I wasn't alone. Someone had replaced Momoshiki though I didn't know who it was. Whoever it was didn't appear again after the short time where that person helped me against Momoshiki.

Should I tell my father about what happened? It seemed so surreal I doubted that he would believe me.

I looked down onto my right hand and turned it around multiple times as I couldn't believe my eyes. The Karma was gone. But even though it physically wasn't there I still could feel its power sleeping there only waiting for me to command and activate it. Though usually Momoshiki's thoughts had clouded mine while this time there was nothing unusual. I was completely in control of my memories, thoughts and emotions.

I flinched when the door burst open and my dad stood in the doorframe, panting and red eyes staring at me as I was sitting calmly in the bed. He probably couldn't believe that I was alright again.

"Boruto!"

It took him only a second to get closer and hug me tightly as I was rubbing my face into his chest. His warmth was bringing tears to my eyes as well as it made me happy seeing him next to me and not across me at the Hokage table. He was here with me, with his son.

Remembering how he had spent time with me while I was feeling sick pained my heart as I hadn't been able to feel this happiness before. Now that Momoshiki was gone I could finally feel the emotions I wanted. For this moment I was free.

"Baka Boruto! What are you doing?! Scaring us like that!", an angry Sarada shouted from behind my dad.

As he moved to the side her face became clear and I could see that she had been crying a lot. Small tears still stuck in her eyes as she moved next to me. I prepared for another punch from her though the touch I felt was gentle and calming. She embraced me in a hug making my face turn red in embarrassment as I didn't see this coming from her.

"Sarada..."

"You...you...", she began crying more and more as she was remembering how I had died,"...your heart stopped, you didn't breathe, I thought, I thought-"

"I'm sorry..."

"You better should me, baka!"

"It won't happen again. I promise. I...I'm sorry that I hurt you guys...I didn't know what I was doing. It is my fault though, I-"

"You don't have to apologize for that, Boruto.", Konohamaru-niichan stepped out and put a hand on my shoulder,"That wasn't you. Momoshiki had taken control over you. It's not your fault."

Thinking back the pain hit me as if I was back in the past reliving that moment. It had been so cold and dark, I had been a prisoner, an empty shell knowing nothing. Even though Sarada's voice had saved me back then I still felt the wounds he had inflicted on me.