Part 2: Change || Ch 24 || Golden times

Boruto's pov:

I doubted that Konohamaru-niichan would tell me everything I want. He probably tried to keep me here and figure out what was wrong with me even though that was an utter waste of time. He gestured me to sit down and even though I didn't want to I did to lift his suspicion. He poured some tea for us and sat down across me. Staring at me as if he tried to see right through me he was silent until he finally sighed and spoke up first.

"Well? What do you want to know?"

Now that he was asking me bluntly I looked down and focused on the water surface of the tea. What exactly was I hoping to hear? I knew that the things that were happening to me were connected to the Sarutobi clan but I didn't know where to start.

I exhaled thinking about what I should ask first. Strangely the unfamiliar chakra around me had been staying with me the whole time - especially now it was more present than ever.

"The jutsus you are using...are they exclusive to the Sarutobi clan?"

"Huh? Well...if you mean the Shadow Shuriken Jutsu, no it's not. Though without Sarutobi blood it takes a lot of training and time until you can use it in battle."

"What about other jutsus? The summoning jutsu?"

"Well, because I trained with Naruto-niisan I summon toads from Mount Myoboku but I can also summon the Monkey King Enma."

Maybe I could try out the summoning jutsu and see whether I would summon him too.

"Fine...then..."

Thinking back to the time travel I wondered whether it was coincidence that I met the two first Hokages. Deciding to ask Konohamaru-niisan about that I took a deep breath as I hoped that he wouldn't ask how I came up with those questions.

"What about the connection between the Sarutobi clan and Konoha? To be exact, between the two first Hokage and I guess the Senju clan in general."

"Huh? Why would you-"

"Just answer the question."

Taken aback he stayed silent for a moment though I could see that he was thinking deeply as this wasn't easy.

"Well...my grandfather had been the student of the two first Hokage. Specifically Tobirama-sama. He respected them both and trained with them. The Sarutobi clan had a good and strong friendship with the Senjus. They were one of the first clans to join and build Konoha."

"Good friendship? They didn't hate each other?"

"Hate? Why would you think that? No, they didn't."

"And before your grandfather. Was there anyone else in charge who could have hated them?"

"Before...my grandfather was the heir to the Sarutobi clan. I think I remember him telling me that he had to take over the clan at a very young age."

"Why?"

"His father had been killed in battle."

"Which battle?"

"Which one? Well... I don't quite know that much about the time before my grandfather had studied under the Senjus."

"Aren't there any records of the events that happened at that time?"

When he shook his head I was surprised. I didn't think that they wouldn't write down such important events.

"There had been records but they are long gone. Grandfather never told me anything but...I once overheard a conversation."

"A conversation?"

"One of the elders was asking for the documents of the events during the founding of Konoha. My grandfather told him that they were classified and wouldn't let him see them. He called it the golden times of the Sarutobi clan and that it couldn't be published."

"If they were golden times why couldn't they be shown to the public?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry Boruto but that's all I can tell you."

I sighed and wanted to stand up and leave but stopped as I remembered something.

"Now that I think about it... why are you always adding kore?"

"Huh? Well it's just something I picked up as a kid."

"Yeah, but where?"

"Where? Well...I-", he stopped as if he had remembered something.

His face changed and he was looking at me in shock as if he was seeing a ghost.

"What is it?", I asked as he was still looking at me with disbelief.

"You know it...", he murmured not believing what he was saying.

"What do you mean? What am I supposed to know?"

He stayed silent for a while as if he wasn't sure whether he should tell me what he had just remembered. I stared at him with begging eyes making him unsure about his decision.

"If I tell you will you promise to stop hiding everything?"

I didn't answer right away and nodded but he wasn't satisfied with that answer.

"Boruto, you have lied once already. And you asking about the Sarutobi clan out of the sudden is very strange. Especially since it happened right after everyone is telling me that you are behaving differently. I can connect the dots kore. This isn't coincidence."

"You are right, it isn't."

With that I had confused him as he didn't expect me to answer him honestly. Though somehow I felt like I could tell him what I saw. While he was baffled I continued to speak making him stare at me with an open mouth.

"The karma may be gone but there is something else. I can't show you but my right eye is special. Apparently it is called the Jougan, though I have no idea what that is exactly. What I did experience are short time travels."

"Time travels?!"

"They mostly are like short images, people changing their age or something. But today it was different. I was suddenly in the past, precisely before Konoha was build and overheard a conversation between the two first Hokages about the Sarutobi clan which is why I asked you about it."

"No way..."

"I didn't understand it so I came to you and asked for more information as I though that maybe it was a sign that I saw exactly that moment. Tobirama-sama was talking about how the Sarutobi clan isn't trustworthy as they support the Uchiha. Especially their leader."

"But my- he wasn't! My grandfather told me that his father was supporting the Senjus!"

"They didn't say that the leader was a he but a she. It was a female leader."

"A...female one?"

I nodded while Konohamaru-niichan looked down as if he couldn't believe his ears.

"Do you know anything about a female leader of the Sarutobi clan?"

There was no answer for quite a time which made me almost give up when he finally started to speak again.

"Actually I think I know who you are talking about."

"Really?!"

"Jii-san...had been talking sometimes about a specific person. It was around those classified golden times. It was her who used to say kore...after hearing her stories I kinda started saying it too. It made Jii-san very happy when I did that. She passed away very early which is why Jii-san had to become the head at a very young age. He sometimes said that even though nobody knows you it doesn't mean that you aren't a hero. He was referring to her when he said that."

"Who was that woman?"

"She...she was Jii-san's big sister. Her name was Sarutobi Haru."