Part 1: Control || Ch 11 || Friends

3rd. pov:

"Boruto...", Konohamaru thought as his student jumped down and ran towards the bandits.

As the blond transformed chakra erupted around him leaving deep holes in the ground were he was touching it. His clothes immediately were torn were the Karma was spreading, revealing his right arm and bare chest which were covered in black lines seeming to drain all humanity from him. His right eye was staring wildly at the shinobi, the byakugan pulsing rapidly as it focused on one opponent after another. As he fought inhuman cries left him, he was slashing around him like a beast seeking only bloodshed. Bringing down an enemy made him laugh with pleasure revealing his sharp teeth while he was feeding on their chakra.

This boy wasn't Boruto Uzumaki.

This was a monster stealing the face and flesh of the poor blonde.

"Konohamaru-sensei, what...-", Sarada asked in shock as she was staring at the wild creature ending all bandits' lives.

"He suddenly, he- I don't know. He was just gone."

Fighting back her tears the girl watched helplessly as her friend was slaughtering her enemies without any control about himself. The closer she looked the less she recognized him. Suddenly a strong light passed through him and fire spread all around him. Just as it was about to hit her she felt herself pushed back by her teammate. He as well was staring at the scene in front of them with disbelief and horror.

The more chakra the blonde was eating the more he looked like them.

Otsutsuki.

In the faint light that was passing through the trees his skin glowed radiantly white, almost pale like a corpse's. A horn was just above his eye pushing back his Konoha headband. It hung loosely at his neck, almost as if that was the last token of their friend. The last piece of him that wasn't consumed yet. The more he fought the more he changed, the more the black lines covered his pale skin and his blonde hair began to fade to a snowy white.

His attacks became wilder and uncontrollable, he was destroying everything around him, not caring whether he hurt himself in the process. The blood sticking on his skin wasn't his enemies' alone. The blue-haired boy could see that the chakra around him was cutting him like knives without his friend even realizing. Instead his laughter was all one could hear while helpless screams echoed all around him.

"Mitsuki, Sarada, get back. Follow me.", Konohamaru ordered and began to move further into the woods.

"But- but we can't leave him...", Sarada argued even though she barely pressed out the words as tears were falling down her cheeks.

Her eyes were shining red, her Sharingan had activated itself due to her emotionally breaking upon seeing her friend go on rampage.

"We won't abandon him. We are going to safe him."

"How..."

"Mitsuki...", Konohamaru turned to the younger shinobi making him look up after seeing that he had been deep in his thoughts.

Nodding he answered:

"It looks similar to the curse mark, the one Jugo has as well. Of course a serum that could suppress it would be the best but we don't have that here. What sometimes worked was..."

"Was what?", Sarada asked quickly, almost choking from her curiosity.

Every second she knew that her friend was hurting it felt as if she herself was stabbed with thousands of kunais.

"Sometimes emotional triggers helped. If we get Boruto to remember us."

"He is still there, he has to...he is there, isn't he, Konohamaru-sensei?", the girl pressed out her face wet from all the tears.

The older shinobi paused his face grimacing as he didn't want to believe the other option.

"He has to. He must. Boruto doesn't give up."

"R-right. That baka said he would be with us...he would stand at my side...he...he promised....he can't be beaten that easily..."

It was hard to decide whom those shinobi wanted to convince, their teammate or themselves. The desperate clinging to hope was all that kept them strong. But they couldn't give up. If their friend was in trouble then they had to help. No matter how, they would get Boruto back.

"Sarada, Mitsuki, I trust Boruto. He is still somewhere inside. I'm sure he is waiting for us."

Remembering how helpless and broken the blonde had been the past days, slowly losing his sanity the older shinobi could barely continue to talk.

"He is hurting more than us. He was hurting the whole time, enduring this pain all alone. We must show him that he has us. No matter what, that we as his friends will stay with him. That's why we won't abandon him now. That's why we will definitely bring him back."

Slowly the younger shinobi nodded their bodies shaking as the urge to give up lied heavy on their shoulders, the situation seemed impossible. But believing in their sensei's words and in their friendship their courage strengthened their chakra, making a certain blonde finally notice their presence.

"Okay, here is the plan-", Konohamaru began but his voice broke as he felt another presence appear behind him.

"Found you~", a voice so familiar to them whispered that it cut their hearts just hearing it being abused to say those words as if he liked this slaughter and theft of chakra.

Frozen from the shock the older shinobi was only able to see a glimpse of shining metal before it was heading into his direction.

—————————
Author's note:

So I have divided the story in multiple parts.
For old readers the first part is now called Control.
And actually I finished writing it already. Like damn, I have been writing a lot, you have a lot to look forward to. I hope to finish the book soon so that I can post daily. If not I will post weekly. At least until the end of part 1.
Currently working on part 2. I don't know whether there will be a part 3, maybe there will be.

Also if you like the story some comments and votes would be really nice because like that I can see whether you guys even like the story so far and give some feedback. It makes me stay motivated.
I wanted to keep the story short but well- that didn't work out.
So I hope you stick around with me until the end and well I'm posting this chapter earlier to share this message with you since this is the only way to interact with you readers.
Thank you for reading!